Intern - Packaging Engineer
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
Assist Packaging Engineers to create, modify, and support life cycle management for secondary and tertiary packaging. Assist with art work as it relates to technical packaging requirements; perform and prep packaging for package testing. Write SOPs and Work Instructions.
- Pursuing a degree degree in Package Engineering or Technology
- Pharmaceutical focus plus.
- Packaging Engineering skills commensurate with classes taken thus far.
- Minimum 3.5 GPA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well with others, asks for help where needed, offers improvement suggestions, detail oriented.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program.
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community