Lab Support Technician
Lab Technician supporting Process Development Purification (approximately 30 people) with lab organization, equipment maintenance and assisting with experiments.
Responsible for coordinating with lab support service providers and multiple departments such as Facilities, EHS&S, Lab Support, IT, Materials Management, Vendors and Contractors to ensure that Process Development Purification Department needs are met. Assist with various Purification experiments as needed. The selected candidate should possess excellent organizational, and communication skills and also be a self-starter willing to work efficiently in a dynamic environment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing equipment maintenance and troubleshooting of Purification Department equipment.
- Overseeing installation of new equipment in the lab and scheduling training with vendors.
- Coordinating any equipment moves and set up in the lab.
- Supporting Purification Department Safety Representative(s) and attend regular EHS&S meetings
- Overseeing space planning in the lab
- Coordinating and performing common reagent preparation of buffers and other necessary routine reagents used in research.
- Assist with Purification experiments as needed.
- Participate and contribute ideas in process improvement meetings
- Participate in projects or tasks assigned
- Minimum of 0-4 years biotech industry experience or working in a lab.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to perform tasks with direct or minimal supervision
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, is motivated, and organized
Minimum: Associates degree in a scientific discipline and experience as a laboratory technician or laboratory assistant
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline and an academic background in biotechnology or equivalent.
Position requires some heavy lifting and use of an autoclave and lab ware washer.
This position will require interaction with Process Development Purification, Formulation Department, Lab Support, IT, Facilities, EHS&S, Materials Management, Vendors and Contractors.