Intern, Vector Biology
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative and team-oriented intern to join the Vector Biology research group. The successful candidate will utilize the latest technologies to advance our therapeutic research and discovery efforts.
- Utilize molecular biology techniques to construct plasmid DNA.
- Maintain cell cultures to generate and evaluate adeno-associated viral vector.
- Utilize data management, molecular biology and record keeping softwares.
- Organizational and communication skills, time management, dependability and the ability to work as a collaborative team member
- Strong laboratory research and organization skills.
- Analytical, proactive, collaborative and displays strong communication skills
- Minimum: Knowledge and understanding of cloning techniques, bacterial cultures, mammalian cell culture, qPCR. Ideal: Significant lab experience with one or all the above techniques.
- Near graduation with Bachelor’s degree, ideally a Masters candidate with demonstrated interest/focus in gene therapy.
Skills the intern will gain:
This internship experience will provide valuable perspective into a biotechnology research group specializing in gene therapy. The intern will be able to develop research laboratory skills, experimental design, and learn molecular biology techniques. Examples of laboratory skills to be gained: qPCR, cell culture, molecular cloning, AAV production.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.