Data Architecture Engineer IV
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking for a Data Architecture Engineer IV to join our growing IT team!
This position acts as the technical lead on all activities relating to database administration, including the implementation and maintenance of new database systems and data platforms. This position will work closely with other data producers and consumers throughout the organization, including business intelligence and data science, to advise on and help implement data-driven solutions both on premises and in the cloud.
The Senior Data Architecture Engineer is expected to help implement business requirements to provide functional, reliable, and well-maintained databases that span multiple areas of the business. They are expected to work in a friendly and professional manner with the rest of the IT staff, as well with other departments.
The Senior Data Architecture Engineer is responsible for participating a 24x7 support environment with other less-senior engineers. They are expected to mentor junior engineers in all aspects of their jobs.
Customer service skills:
- Must be able to interact with end users and staff in a professional, friendly manner.
- Excellent communication abilities including the ability to communicate highly technical information to a diverse group of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Infrastructure Management Skills:
- Work closely with the Manager of Data Architecture to monitor, maintain, and plan for the growth needs of the databases, data platforms, and associated infrastructure.
- Support the maintenance, patching, upgrading, and tuning of databases and data systems.
- Monitor and assist in managing the data lifecycle, including backups, retention policies, and pruning policies for data systems
- Help mentor, support, and educate team members; participate in personal career growth plans.
- Lead and participate in data architecture projects and see them to successful completion.
- Maintain service level agreements for all data consumers throughout the organization.
- Help plan, develop, and maintain disaster recovery plans for all data systems.
- Participate as needed in the Data Governance Committee and the Change Advisory Boards.
- Help manage and maintain data systems on Azure and Amazon data platforms.
- Help maintain a 24x7 support environment.
Enterprise information systems skills:
- Experience with security principles as it relates to data
- Experience with database performance monitoring and troubleshooting
- Experience creating advanced SQL queries
- Experience with database system and query performance tuning
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon data systems and tools management
General understanding of networking and servers and the impacts on data systems
Requires a minimum of 5 years in data architecture or management.
3 years of work experience in directly implementing and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server infrastructure.
1 year of work experience implementing and maintaining cloud infrastructures for data systems.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at email@example.com, or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).