General Manager - Permanent contract - London
Big Mamma is currently based in 4 countries and counts 8 restaurants and 1 food market in Paris, 1 restaurant in Lille, 1 restaurant in Lyon, 1 restaurant a Bordeaux, 3 restaurants in London, 2 restaurant in Madrid..and new trattorias coming soon in 2022 !
To continue this wonderful adventure in UK, we are looking for the right people who share our values: authenticity, meritocracy, excellence, and entrepreneurship.
As a GENERAL MANAGER, you report to the Operations Manager UK and your areas of responsibility are:
1) Operations Excellence:
- To guarantee the good daily maintenance of the restaurant: to have a warm place, a smiling and attentive team to the guests;
- To ensure perfect communication at all levels: to communicateeffectively with the team (kitchen, floor and bar) for the smooth flow of information between everyone, sharing company vision and passing on knowledge;
- To be in a process of continuous improvement, to make proposals to improve the customer experience, to guarantee the good rating of the restaurant on social media;
- To guarantee a 100% positive resolution of customer disputes and to unblock 100% of situations during service.
2) Performance analysis:
- To manage P&L;
- To guarantee the customer’s average ticket;
- To alert and propose clear action plans if budget is not respected;
- To optimise staff planning: adapting the structure according to the activity while guaranteeing good people cost management;
- To guarantee monthly inventory.
- “Being exemplary", to manage the floor, kitchen and bar team;
- To have a motivated team with a minimum of turnover;
- To coach, motivate and make the team succeed;
- To boost energy and bring a smile to everyone, to unite a positive and active team;
- To ensure the transmission of Big Mamma values;
- To establish training program for the team;
- To participate in recruitment: anticipating movements with the recruitment team, onboarding new staff and optimising the structure;
- To ensure HR follow-up: lead the N-1: managers and chefs in weekly management meetings. Identify and get to know the team's talents to keep the Big Mamma meritocracy alive.
Customer-oriented profile, attention to detail, rigorous, hard-working, energetic, multitalented, super relational, smiling and communicative.
Hands-on, enjoy doing things yourself and teaching others.
Business profile: analytical and problem-solving
Languages: English and Italian
BIG MAMMA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.