The Compliance and Regulatory Direction reports to the CEO and is responsible for the following tasks:
- Obtaining online gaming licenses, maintaining websites compliance with applicable regulations and ensure business continuity;
- Tracking & anticipating regulatory developments, pushing progress through litigation and lobbying;
- Centralising relationships with third parties (regulators, authorities, professional associations).
The Compliance Manager's responsibilities include managing compliance of all. COM group websites to applicable regulations in Malta, United Kingdom and Ireland, bearing in mind the objectives (vulnerable people protection, gaming operations transparency, and fighting money laundering), as well as preventing and detecting risks of non-compliance. The Compliance manager also handles relationships with the Regulator and other government bodies. An essential part of the role is knowing and understanding the company and its functions, in order to be an internal point of contact for all .COM and UK compliance-related questions.
The main responsibilities of the Compliance manager are:
- Know and understand Maltese and UK online gaming regulations and its developments to ensure spreading knowledge internally (through training or ad-hoc answers);
- Translate obligations into projects, actions, and operational processes across the business and ensure their implementation (IT business requests, projects, processes definition, countries or websites closures, etc.);
- Manage relationship with the Malta Gaming Authority and the Great Britain Gambling Commission;
- Follow up non-compliances ensure their corrections;
- Prepare, track, and ensure consistency of reports submitted to the regulatory authority in cooperation with other departments involved;
- Participate in processing requests from the authorities; including requests of regulators of consumer agencies, police;
- Manage audits, license applications, certifications and/or homologations;
- Follow up intra-group contracts evolution;
- Prepare documents or analyses for Senior Management;
- Carry out projects related to the regulatory scope (including Sports Ethics, Responsible Gaming, Anti-Money-Laundering).
The Ideal candidate must have:
- 10 years experience in a regulated or complex business environment;
- Ideally a Master’s degree (Law, School of Business, Political Science ...);
- Fluent in English (Maltese is a plus, French and any other language is appreciated)
Other important qualities to have:
- Ability to synthesize, rigor, dynamism;
- Excellent written and oral communication, ease and flexibility in contacts and diplomatic;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Ability to understand the complexity and demonstrate strong pragmatism (see the "big picture" but also care for detail);
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to complete several projects simultaneously;
- Integrity, discretion, and good information feedback;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team;
- Availability for business travel.