The jobholder will work with the Payments team and will also be supporting the Fraud & Payments Operations Managers by providing insight into data relevant to the department, this will involve compiling ad-hoc reports/scripts, scheduled reports and dashboards from various sources such as our data warehouse and production database snapshots using SQL and MS Excel.
The key responsibility of the role will be setting up departmental reporting & help Fraud & Payment Teams to facilitate their day to day work. The job holder will also be the key liaison for the department with the BI Team, working closely with them to assure relevant & accurate data is inserted into the data warehouse and BI cube for the good functioning of the division. The role involves gathering data from multiple sources and systems, and creating useful analysis that will be used to drive focus and strategy for the group.
Its key the job holder has high attention to detail with good organisational skills. The candidate should have a good understanding of payments and fraud operations and ideally technology within the i-gaming space. The person needs to be a good communicator both written and orally and is expected to seek out and confidently highlight/challenge problems/issues constructively, then with the help of others overcome them. Self-motivation and good team spirit are considered major assets by all the departmental staff.
- Bring a fresh approach to improving existing business intelligence within the department
- To mine data for various sources then build and structure large datasets into usable information, ensuring overall accuracy and quality of information to assist the management team and agents.
- Own and manage key weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting for the department as required
- Create innovative visuals for reports to enable more effective interpretation, educate stakeholders on how to interpret and use presented information effectively.
- Continuously improve the process of obtaining metrics and metrics themselves to be more useful
- Be able to analyse transactional data:
- Identify Technical issues that occur on the payments systems
- Identify player/card issues that can be corrected
- Identify transaction changes that will improve customer experience and acceptance rates
- Identify Bugs in the transaction process that can be improved on
- Monitor changes and corrections so that all documentation is maintained
- Ensure that new business reporting requirements are accurately analysed, documented, developed and implemented successfully
- Assure consultation of operational processing teams and the payment solutions team is maintained at least monthly to be sure their requirements are being logged and tracked in a backlog.
- Follow up on projects/requirements, and help deliver data which shows delivered features are returning expected benefits and working as designed and intended.
- Compile statistical information and perform business analysis which highlights where development could be needed to improve performance and to help prioritise projects in the departmental roadmap.
- Influencing decisions and change through collaboration with leadership and a customer-focused approach
- Highly proficient with SQL and Microsoft Excel (will be assessed on interview)
- Experience from working data analysis or similar
- Inquisitive, analytic, pro-active, organized and have a demonstrated ability to achieve results
- Ability to facilitate meetings with individuals and or groups to gather, understand and articulate their business needs.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while managing & prioritising a variety of responsibilities
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills, with a good command of the English language,
- Ability to liaise with (and understand the requirements of) management at all levels of the business. A logical mind with good mathematical competency
- Proficiency in pivot tables & vlookups
- Strong understanding of back-offices, tools and workflows within the gaming space
- Experience within the online gaming industry together with an understanding of fraud & payments and how the department functions would be an asset
- Being technically savvy with a good understanding of how IT infrastructure works and behaves is key.
- Understanding of Data Modelling, SQL, BI, Data Analysis is a plus
- Detail Oriented & Independent