Sr. Systems Engineer
The Systems Engineering/Architect role is to provide technical solutions and support day to day business operations of enterprise information systems and server architectures that facilitate core organizational functions, and assure their high availability. This individual will gain organizational commitment for all systems and software plans within the associate infrastructure.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform analysis of Windows system needs; contribute, coordinate and facilitate the design, architecture, integration, and installation of products and services.
- Act as a technical engineer\architect between multiple business and technical teams with the intent of insuring business deliverables are met.
- Leveraging the knowledge in planning for process and performance improvement; providing technical consultation to various groups within IT.
- Ensure all systems are maintained using standardized tools, including patching, automation, software deployment, backup, monitoring etc.
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for assigned project deliverables.
- Delegate operational activities to the outsourced team.
- Engage in Audit and control related activities Qualifications.
- Staying updated with new technologies and best practices; participating in enterprise-wide technology change programs having an effect on computing systems infrastructure environment to bring them to implementation.
- This position is an escalation point for resolving complex-system issues. Must be able to address issues via ticketing system and run with escalated issues.
- Engineer solutions, administer and support complex environments that consist of various operating systems, enterprise storage arrays, virtualized resources, and multiple networks for the associate facing infrastructure stack.
- Optimally utilizing existing computing resources to meet application needs; tracking asset performance and utilization on a continuous basis; and performing other duties as required.
Professional Qualifications and Requirements
- Self-driven, proactive, professional, very detail oriented.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent technical support documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
Technical Qualifications and Requirements:
- 7-10 years engineering, architecting and supporting Windows-based server environments, Active Directory, Windows DNS, DHCP, file & print services, enterprise Cloud solutions (i.e. Azure, Google, etc…).
- Develop and maintain automation scripts (i.e. PowerShell).
- Excellent issue management and documentation skills required.
- Experience using enterprise toolsets such as: VMWare vCenter, Microsoft Service Center (SCCM, SCOM), Service Now, Zabbix.
- 3-5 years utilizing VMware for virtual machine deployment and VM administration.
- Foundational understanding of Enterprise Cloud solutions, Linux OS and SQL server cluster technologies.
- Foundational knowledge of IP networking, FCP, NFS, LDAP
- Experience working in a PCI-compliant and/or PHI environment includingstrong understanding of security and compliance processes
- Experience with data protection and security methodologies used in enterprise datacenters
- Experience working Cloud providers is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes and Containerization is a plus
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or related Experience
- Industry certifications, preferably MCITP, MCSA, A+, CCNA, Network+, etc…
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.