Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
About Benefitfocus: Benefitfocus (NASDAQ: BNFT) provides a leading cloud-based benefits management platform that simplifies how organizations and individuals shop for, enroll in, manage and exchange benefits. Every day leading employers, insurance companies and millions of consumers rely on our platform to manage, scale and exchange benefits data seamlessly. In an increasingly complex benefits landscape, we bring order to chaos so our clients and their employees have access to better information, make better decisions and lead better lives.
Benefitfocus is seeking a Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis, is a key senior member of the finance team and will be responsible for delivering value-added business analysis as well as defining and reporting meaningful business metrics that provide operational insights. The Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis is directly responsible for building a world class team, leading the company through key business planning activities, and providing insightful analysis to support business decision making across the company. This position will require strong leadership, complex data analysis, initiative, independent judgement in decision-making, a professional work ethic, and effective interpersonal skills. This role requires a high degree of professionalism and the ability to accomplish objectives with minimal supervision.
- Function as a key business partner and provide financial leadership to Business Unit Leaders
- Leading the long-range enterprise financial planning, annual budgeting, and monthly forecasting processes to ensure accurate and timely projections for executive leadership, operational management, and the board of directors.
- Develop and lead the annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecasting processes. This includes assisting in the development of corporate targets, gaining alignment with the Executive team, coordinating forecasts across all business functions, analyzing and presenting to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Conducting actionable financial analysis and financial modeling on critical investments such as new product innovation, new market entry, long-term contracts, partnerships, acquisitions, financial and capital structure, compensation and incentive planning, and other ad-hoc financial projects.
- Collaborate with CFO and executive leaders to prepare analysis, commentary and presentation material for the monthly financial reviews and quarterly board meetings.
- Oversee the preparation of a monthly reporting package that includes full financial statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive explanations of differences, highlighting risks and opportunities evident in financial results.
- Proactively engage CFO, senior leadership, and peers to achieve financial and business goals by identifying and executing actions that drive profit, gain market share, improve operational efficiencies, and increase productivity.
- Challenge non-data driven decision-making and suggest opportunities to positively impact margin.
- Drive continuous improvement and deploy highly efficient, effective, and scalable FP&A function, enabling faster response and deeper level of analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree required, MBA or CPA preferred.
- 10+ years of functional experience in an FP&A leadership role with expanding scope.
- SaaS industry experience required; HCM knowledge a plus.
- Executive presence and ability to work effectively at all levels, including serving as a trusted partner to the Chief Financial Officer and Controller.
- Creative thinking, highly driven, and self-motivated.
- Experience recruiting, training and developing exceptional analytical capabilities in others both inside the department and across the company.
- Collaborative business partner, skilled in building cross-functional relationships to drive results.
- Exceptional work ethic and the ability to “roll up your sleeves” and work with team members in hand-on management capacity.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.