Customer Success Support III
Customer Success Specialist, Public Sector
The Customer Success Specialist is responsible for responding to and resolving customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner for highly customizable Benefitfocus products. The primary functions of the Customer Success Specialist role include triaging system issues, collaborating internally to ensure items are resolved with the highest quality, and providing root cause and resolution details to customers.
This role requires strong analytical skills, excellent written communication, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
• Viewed as a leader and mentor on the team, acts as a positive influence on peers within the team and leads by example.
• Respond to customer inquiries regarding product functionality or system issues; gather pertinent details from customer to properly assess and respond with action plan/resolution.
• Work directly with customers to troubleshoot, research, and resolve questions and issues within our products; Collaborate with other associates and resources required to resolve issues.
• Serve as key communication point for issues assigned and work to resolve complex issues while providing system knowledge and expertise.
• Effectively manage and prioritize customer issues; identify and escalate critical issues, as necessary
• Collaborate with Customer Success Managers, Benefit Service Center associates, Solutions Consultants, and other internal teams to provide exceptional support during each customer’s annual Open Enrollment period • Considered a SME of configuration, payroll and edi.
• Demonstrates communication knowledge and possesses the ability to deliver difficult messages and translate technical explanations into client facing messaging.
• Can manage and drive issue resolution with little influence from leadership.
• Volunteers in program-level and teamwide projects, including the development and documentation of new processes/process improvement for the CSS team.
• Participates Hosts internal training sessions regularly.
• Serves as an escalation point, both internally and externally independently.
• Observes, reports and helps develop solutions for gaps (within processes, responsibilities, documentation, etc.).
Education, Experience and Training required:
• B.S. or B.A. required.
• 5-7 years’ experience in data analysis, account management, or technical customer support-related roles.
• Industry knowledge and experience is a plus: Insurance, Benefits Administration, SaaS, Healthcare.
• Advanced in Microsoft Excel, HTML, basic SQL, or report creation experience desired.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.