Internal Audit Intern
Spend your summer with Benefitfocus! We are accepting applications for our upcoming Summer 2020 Internship program. Internship positions will be full-time, paid positions based in our Charleston, SC Hub. This is an 11-week program, May 26th – August 7th, 2020.
As a Benefitfocus Intern, your work will directly support the initiatives and success of Benefitfocus as a whole. You will have real and valuable work responsibilities as part of your team and most importantly, you will have the opportunity to use your education and skills to make an impact and form key professional relationships.
Internal Audit Intern
In this role you will participate in SOX 404 financial control business process walkthrough meetings with management and support the Internal Audit team in documenting the results. This role will require communication skills to ensure effective collaboration with the Internal Audit team and management in order to evaluate specific controls and relay results of testing.
Every day will be different, but your responsibilities will include learning accounting processes, gathering information and documentation, and helping with special projects. You will work on an Intern Project which you will present to leadership at the end of the summer.
To be considered for our Accounting Internship, you should have the following qualifications:
- Current student (rising Junior or Senior) pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- Able to work full-time in our Charleston, SC office May 26th – August 7th, 2020
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; comfortable in Microsoft Outlook
- At least one previous internship or experience in an Accounting or Finance capacity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Collaboration is key, so the ability to write concise and professional emails and ask questions to work with your team is key
- Extreme thoroughness and attention to detail, ability to project manage multiple tasks
- Resourceful – a proactive problem-solver who will look for solutions at every angle
- Eager to learn and contribute to your team and organization
The Summer Internship Program incorporates daily work responsibilities in your area of focus, as well as programming with other Interns across the company to supplement your work experience give insight to all areas of our company and industry. You can expect Internship and Team social events, Lunch & Learns, Leadership Q&A’s, and more!
The Internship Project is an important component of the Internship experience. As an Intern you will work on an independent project with your Manager over the course of the summer. At the end of the summer you will present your project to an audience of Benefitfocus peers and leadership.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.