Director, Product Management
The Benefitfocus Employer product portfolio offering is focused at giving employees a better way to understand their benefits options, and let them see the true value of their employer’s benefit offerings while also providing a powerful suite of tools for Benefits Administrators to support their benefits strategy including deep business intelligence, communication tools, and administrative tools to drive efficiency.
The Director of Product Management for the Employer/Public Sector product portfolio acts as the business owner for the portfolio of products that support the consumer and administrative experience of benefits management, distribution, and marketplaces for the Large Employer market. The Director works in partnership with technology portfolio owners, product managers, and product owners to lead the decomposition and execution of epics through cross-functional teams of Product Management, User Experience, User Research, Quality and Engineering to drive the Benefitfocus portfolio of products forward.
The Director of Product Management is responsible for ensuring that senior leadership understands the health, strategy, and profitability of the portfolio playing a key role in enterprise prioritization and planning. Additionally, the Director of Product Management manages a team of both Product Managers who are responsible for the products within the Employer/Public Sector portfolio.
· Set Employer product portfolio definition, strategy, measures for success, and process for team’s execution
·Coaching, professional development, and support of 5 – 6 Product Managers
· Portfolio health and profitability (Financials, Software Quality, Scalability, Performance, Infrastructure)
· Epic prioritization and resource planning at the program level including trade-off decisions for funding products within the portfolio
· Design oversight, coordination and solution direction in alignment with market driven business strategy
· Support of buy, build partner evaluations
· Key member supporting Core Teams and supporting Product Managers responsible for individual product line strategies
·Commercialization of multi-functional area feature needs Skills and
· Minimum of 5 years experience in leadership role within product development or product management
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in software product management · Demonstrated success both managing existing products, shipping new products, and managing product financials
· Proven success developing careers of product managers
· Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority · Experience managing technology products in healthcare, employer benefits management, or insurance
· Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
· Technical background, with experience in shipping SaaS solutions
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.