Software Engineering Intern - Data & Visualization
Spend your summer with Benefitfocus! We are accepting applications for our upcoming Summer 2020 Internship program. Internship positions will be full-time, paid positions based in our Charleston, SC Hub. This is an 11-week program, May 26th – August 7th, 2020.
As a Benefitfocus Intern, your work will directly support the initiatives and success of Benefitfocus as a whole. You will have real and valuable work responsibilities as part of your team and most importantly, you will have the opportunity use your education and skills to make an impact and form key professional relationships.
Software Engineering Intern – Data & Visualization
This is a Software Engineering Internship supporting our Data & Visualization team. In this role you will focus on building applications for our reporting and Analytics solution. This role is a match for you if you are inquisitive and data-oriented: motivated to dig into data, and figure out how to build the tools and dashboards that will help present and understand findings.
Responsibilities will include:
- Learning and maintaining our existing analytics products, and also helping to design and maintain future products
- Data modelling: using Hadoop/ Cloudera to structure the data on the backend, retrieving data from various sources
- Data visualization: using Logi Analytics to help build customer-facing dashboards and web applications for our Insights solutions
Qualifications & Desired Experience:
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Data Science, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related fields
- Rising Junior, Senior, or current graduate student preferred
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Experience with data visualization. Analyzing data, building dashboards, presenting data
- SQL skills. Hadoop would be a Plus
- Prior internship, work, or independent experience in data analysis, and demonstrated ability to work as part of a cohesive team
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Applicants must be current students, and able to work a full-time schedule in our Charleston, SC Hub.
The Summer Internship Program incorporates daily work responsibilities in your area of focus, as well as programming with other Interns across the company to supplement your work experience give insight to all areas of our company and industry. You can expect Internship and Team social events, Lunch & Learns, Leadership Q&A’s, and more!
The Internship Project is an important component of the Internship experience. As an Intern you will work on an independent project with your Manager over the course of the summer. At the end of the summer you will present your project to an audience of Benefitfocus peers and leadership.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.