Counselor Supervisor – Port Angeles, Washington
If you are ready for a satisfying and rewarding career, join our national team of professionals at MedMark Treatment Centers. We are one of the nation’s leading addiction treatment services and our growth and expansion has produced a need for additional staff.
- Maintain a caseload of 5 patients and ensure that paperwork is completed and all minimum counseling is provided in accordance with State and Federal Regulations, CARF and Recovery Oriented Methadone standards and MedMark policy and procedure
- Perform regular, individual supervision with each counselor
- Observe group counseling sessions
- Participate in management meetings
- Approve all Treatment work
- Schedule staff training
- Provide in-service training to staff for problem areas
- Assist in the paperwork preparation for state audits and CARF surveys
- Complete performance evaluations for all counselors
- Initiate disciplinary action when necessary
- Perform regular patient file audits and address problem areas immediately
- Develop personalized training plans for the clinical staff upon hire and annually thereafter
- Attend a minimum of 12 hours of approved training per calendar year
- Attend training to enhance basic substance abuse treatment skills
- A certified CDP or a person who meets or exceeds the requirements of a certified CDP in the state of Washington, and who would be eligible to take the examination required for certification.
- Must have at least four thousand hours of experience in a state approved chemical dependency treatment agency in addition to the supervised experience hours required to become a CDP. May substitute twenty-eight clock hours of recognized supervisory training for one thousand hours of experience.
- A CDP credentialed according to WAC 246-811-077 may meet the requirements to be an approved supervisor under subsections (2) and (3) of this section by:
- Completing fifteen hundred hours of experience in a state approved chemical dependency treatment agency. These hours are in addition to the supervised experience hours required to become a CDP;
- Completing twenty-eight clock hours of supervisory training provided by an industry-recognized local, state, national, or international organization or institution of higher learning as defined in WAC 246-811-200(5); and
- Completing thirty-six hours of education specific to:
- Counselor development;
- Professional and ethical standards;
- Program development and quality assurance;
- Performance evaluation;
- Treatment knowledge; and
- Washington state law regarding substance use disorder treatment.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work
MedMark Treatment Centers is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.