Part Time Physician Opportunity
The Physician serves at one or more MedMark Treatment Centers in the state designated by BayMark and accepted by Physician. This individual provides patient care, medical evaluation, establishes medication levels, and interacts as necessary with Federal, state, county & other regulatory bodies. The Physician trains & manages subordinate physician extenders and provides health care services directly to patients all under the direction and responsibility of the Regional VP, Operations and the National Medical Director – OTP.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as Physician for MedMark Treatment Centers
- Planning and supervising provision of treatment for patients (including regular review and notes in the patient’s record) according to established state guidelines with a strong emphasis on quality & customer service.
- Signs patient record notes
- Places patients into treatment
- Oversight of any patient site emergencies
- Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination, documents health history and examination results to meet Federal and state guidelines and refers patient for care elsewhere when indicated (including appropriate follow up)
- Initiates, alters and terminates replacement narcotic therapy medications following strict protocols meeting the approval of Federal & state guidelines as well as current medical literature for patient care
- Confers with patient’s private physician as needed
- Examines staff after on-the-job accidents or injuries as needed
- Serves as a clinic in-service resource
- Provides patient education specific to various disease processes within our scope of practice
- Oversees the continuum of care process for patients
- Maintains strict patient, employee, company and computer confidentiality
- Participation in Federal & state opiate/substance abuse trainings, education programs, etc.
- Inputs clinical findings in the patient charts and electronic medical records
- Participates in meetings, teleconferences, etc. as needed
- Participates in Performance Improvement Process and accreditation process
- Continually reviews and enhances medical policies, procedures and protocols
- Knowledge and compliance with HIPAA policy and procedure
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local regulations, in addition to the standards required by JCAHO/CARF/COA, Board of Health, and OSHA, CSAT and the State Methadone Authority
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others.
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in person meetings and access to a computer without violating company policy.
Other Duties & Responsibilities (may include):
- Utilizes resources and materials in a safe and efficient manner
- Participates in in-service training and continuing education as necessary or required to safely and effectively perform job
- Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical manner
- Regular attendance is to be maintained
- Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with MedMark Services policy is expected
- Interact with all staff in a positive and motivational fashion supporting the Company’s mission
- Board Certified preferred
- Current state licenses & DEA license (Schedule 2 and 3)