Mental Health Program Director
MENTAL HEALTH PROGRAM DIRECTOR
BAART Community Healthcare (BCH) and Addiction Research and Treatment (ART) are two companies collectively known as BAART Programs. BAART Programs is looking for a qualified Mental Health Program Director / Clinical Training Director.
The Mental Health Program Director is responsible for the day to day operations of the mental health program. A licensed psychologist is required to supervise our student interns. The Mental Health Program Director is responsible for managing the mental health program and staff, adhering to state, federal and city/county requirements and regulations and ensuring quality moderate to severe mental health service provisions to our patients.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Management of daily operations of BCH’s non-profit outpatient Specialty mental health clinic providing medication support, individual and group psychotherapy to complex, dually diagnosed patients.
- Facilitation of multidisciplinary collaboration and coordination of care among Primary Care, Substance Use, and Mental Health services.
- Maintain a caseload
- Budgetary and staffing recommendations, staff utilization monitoring, and staff development.
- Monitoring Medi-Cal contract compliance
- Monitoring and maintaining program performance objectives per City and County of SF contract.
- Quality Assurance/ chart review regarding the integrity of medical records (use of evidence-based practices, assessment supporting diagnosis, establishing medical necessity, step up/down recommendations, level of care assessments)
- Responsibility for county or Medi-Cal audits
- Administrative (Psych NP, Psychiatrist, LVN, BAPIC interns) supervision of staff.
- Recruitment, hiring, credentialing with SF County, and training of behavioral health staff.
- Staff performance evaluations and disciplinary action in accordance with agency policy.
- Maintaining relationships with referring community agencies and service
- Attending City and County of San Francisco Contractor’s meetings and trainings as required.
- Clinic-wide availability for risk assessment of Behavioral Health and Substance Use patients.
- Work collaboratively with SF City & County auditors and contract managers
- Familiarity and ability to work with technology, including electronic health records (SFCC uses AVATAR)
- Provides management reporting and participates in staff meetings as requested
- Works closely with VP, Primary Care and Behavioral Health, Psychiatric consultant as applicable, in a variety of areas including, but not limited to - compliance with Federal & State rules, laws & regulations; performance improvement initiatives, productivity goals, quality patient care, customer service, operational enhancement, growth of patient census, contractual requirements, standardization & conformity, best practices and plans for continuous improvement
- Knowledge and compliance with HIPAA policy and procedures
- Familiar with standards required by Board of Health, OSHA, and the application of such
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Training and Supervision:
- Direct and organize BAPIC Practicum training programs for Clinical Psychology students from local schools.
- Follow all BAPIC and CAPIC regulations
- Monitor, evaluate, and adjust accordingly the training program's goals and activities
- Recruitment, credentialing and training of incoming interns (annually)
- Evaluation of student performance on quarterly or semester basis.
- Maintain interns' training records
- Coordinate weekly didactic trainings with outside trainers
- Primary clinical individual and group supervision of all interns
- Maintaining relationships with graduate schools and liaise with training directors
- Maintain a roster and relationships with didactic training presenters (Behavioral Activation and other types of CBT, Motivational Interviewing, DBT, community resources, disability criteria, risk assessment, mandated reporting, trauma-informed care, seeking safety, multiculturalism, etc.)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Participates in community relations, education and development activities to drive and maintain census.
- Identifies and implements tactical steps to increase and retain census.
- Works with clinic team to insure operations are prepared to handle increased census
- Participates in political activities to keep company connected within appropriate circles such as local government board meetings, MTP advisory board meetings, city/county administrator meetings, ADAA meetings, etc.
- Leads effort to identify, hire & train personnel with cultural diversity to meet the future clinic needs based on patient demographics - identifies cultural community leaders and networks.
- Performs other development duties as assigned.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists as requested with marketing programs & literature development
- Conducts performance improvement activities and prepares monthly reports
- Operates within budgetary constraints
- Interact with all staff in a positive and motivational fashion supporting the Company's mission
- Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Licensed Psychologist in the state of CA with no restrictions (2 years min preferred)
- Required 6 units of supervision related CEs each licensing cycle
- General understanding and openness to Harm Reduction and Wellness and Recovery Principles of treating dually diagnosed patients
- Minimum age requirement of
- Understanding of mental health clinic operations
- Understanding of HIPAA, Federal, State & CARF / JCAHO standards & regulations
- Knowledge & skills with Microsoft products & general computer literacy, including Electronic Health Records
- Prior experience in an outpatient setting
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Troubleshooter and problem solver
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously and generate ideas and benefits for the Company
- Customer service focused, eager and energetic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exhibits good time management
- Ability to work with a diverse population and exhibit excellent customer service
- Demonstrated organizational
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary DOE
- This is an exempt management position
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance , and 401K
- Paid time off accrual (sick and vacation)
- Most federal and state holidays, and a birthday holiday
- Early work hours and a business casual work environment