MedMark Treatment Centers – Dothan, AL
We are recruiting for a Program Coordinator for our Dothan,AL Clinic. This position under general supervision of the Program Director shall be responsible in maintaining the program, training and supervising staff, and security of both medications and patient records. The Program Coordinator shall supervise the Counselors and/or Counselor Interns / Trainees who provide treatment and casework services to patients. The Program Coordinator will provide casework services of a caseload no more than 15 individuals in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and with MedMark’s policies and procedures. Provide timely documentation of patient services based on plan of care. Identify other physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs for assigned patients. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the company’s budget. Travel as required; may be by plane or automobile.
- Provide supervision for all clinical staff as required by State regulation and / or MedMark policy.
- Assist clinical and para-professional staff with decisions including appropriate crisis interventions, risk management, and adherence to disclosure laws. Assist staff with ethical and legal guidelines governing license clinicians, and treatment facilities. Assist staff with adherence to internal policies, guidelines and philosophy.
- Work closely with Program Director to formulate and revise forms and develop administrative aspects of the program.
- Offer feedback to clinical staff on how to manage patients who are acute, who have relapsed, who are at risk for AMA discharge and any other kinds of crisis.
- Carry a case load as assigned by the Program Director.
- Coordinate with medical staff, providing clinical information, observations and concerns as well as monitoring patient compliance with medical aspects of the program.
- Program Coordinator will be responsible for oversight of all admissions.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others.
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in person meetings and access to a computer without violating company policy.
- Develop and implement corrective action plans for external and internal inspections.
- Work with administrative director to manage personnel conflicts and human resource issues.
- Act as liaison and spokesperson to referents, staff and adjunct facilities and potential referents to describe clinical services and treatment philosophy offered.
- Provide materials, information and resources for staff and adjunct facilities and potential referents to describe clinical services and treatment philosophy offered.
- Provide materials, information and resources for staff to utilize with patients and for their own educational and professional purposes as needed.
- Oversee and monitor quality of clinical support services offered including patient advocates.
- Provide performance evaluations yearly to clinical and patient advocate staff.
- Facilitate weekly clinical staff meetings, monthly meetings, and daily shift change.
- Monitor patient charts to ensure quality care.
- Provide services of primary care therapist when needed.
- Maintain all professional licenses and training in accordance with State regulation and conduct self professionally within the ethical codes for the field of addiction.
- Assist in program development activities.
- Support organizational and departmental philosophies, goals, and objectives and through own behavior lead and motivate others to do so.
- Regular attendance is to be maintained.
- Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with MedMark Services policy is expected.
- Interact with all staff in a positive and motivational fashion supporting the Company’s mission.
- Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical manner.
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- Master’s degree.
- Currently possess and maintain state licensure.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisory/management role.
- Familiar with State Regulations, DEA regulations and TJC and / or CARF Accreditation.
- Must be certified or licensed with an approved certifying body.
- Must have experience working with substance abuse population.
- Exhibits excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skilled in conducting assessments, utilization of ASI criteria for appropriate patient placement, treatment plan development and implementation, service coordination, and crisis intervention.
- Excellent documentation and computer skills required.
- Knowledge of local community drug trends, the effects on the body and cognitive functioning of drugs of abuse, signs and symptoms of narcotic overdose, psychosocial implications of addictive disease, the process of addiction and treatment, social service, economic, legal, and medical systems, HIV transmission-health, behavioral, and emotional implications of addiction.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices
- Initiative to take charge of unforeseen situations, solve problems and adjust to schedule changes
- Comprehensive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)
- Generous paid time off
- Company paid STD and LTD
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work
MedMark Treatment Centers is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.