Part Time Counselor
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of others? Our nation is in the midst of an opioid epidemic. Over 175 people die from an overdose each day. At AppleGate Recovery, we are committed to being part of the solution. We offer evidence-based outpatient treatment services to individuals and families suffering from opioid addiction. Currently, we are seeking a Licensed Counselor with an LCSW or an LPC license in the State of Louisiana.
As part of our Multi-disciplinary Team, you will:
- Conduct patient intakes and orient patients to our program.
- Perform comprehensive patient assessments and develop individualized treatment plans.
- Deliver individual and group counseling as well as case management services.
- Provide psycho-educational services regarding opiate use disorder and its treatment to patients, families and the local community.
- Provide patient advocacy and liaison services with community and regulatory agencies as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
Substance Use Counseling: 1 year
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- Master's degree in counseling or social work
- Current Louisiana License as an LCSW or LPC
- Must have Master’s degree and be licensed as an LPC or LCSW in the State of Louisiana.
- Previous experience working with addiction and co-occurring disorders.
- Exhibits excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skilled in conducting assessments, utilization of screening criteria for appropriate patient placement, treatment plan development and implementation, service coordination, and crisis intervention.
- Excellent documentation and computer skills required.
- Knowledge of local community drug trends, the effects on the body and cognitive functioning of drugs of abuse, signs and symptoms of narcotic overdose, psychosocial implications of addictive disease, the process of addiction and treatment, social service, economic, legal, and medical systems, HIV transmission-health, behavioral, and emotional implications of addiction.
- Ability to work effectively within medical hierarchy, assist in complex problem solving with clients, and work autonomously.
- Exhibits good time management skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and exhibit excellent customer service skills.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.