Treatment Center Director
Treatment Center Director – San Antonio, TX
We are one of the nation’s leading addiction treatment services and our growth and expansion has produced a need for additional staff.
San Antonio, TX Location
- Responsibility for the operation & performance of the OTP clinic
- Manages NTP clinic operations to budgeted/planned results
- Participates in the interviewing, hiring, training of clinic staff.
- Evaluates, manages, counsels and terminates subordinate personnel.
- Provides direction to clinic personnel and relays corporate mandates, goals and objectives to field personnel
- Works closely with staff via regular supervision to ensure the completion of performance goals
- Communicates with and insures compliance with the various regulatory bodies (SAMHSA, DEA, CARF, JCAHO, HIPAA, etc.); manages preparation of various federal, state & local applications, filings, licensure, permits, approvals, etc.
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities, operational efficiencies, etc. and implements
- Assists with partnering opportunities, linkage/support agreements and other critical relationships to drive census growth & meet regulatory requirements
- Management reporting
- Develops, monitors and provides reports on key performance indicators of clinic measures and reacts accordingly
- Provides management reporting to supervisor as requested
- Works closely with OTP Medical Director, Psychiatric consultant as applicable, OTP Compliance Manager and QA/QI activities in a variety of areas including, but not limited to – compliance with Federal & State rules, laws & regulations; compliance with CARF / JCAHO, performance improvement initiatives, productivity goals, quality patient care, customer service, operational enhancement, growth of patient census, contractual requirements, standardization & conformity, best practices and plans for continuous improvement
- Becomes familiar with OTP Federal & State laws, regulations, etc. and the application of such
- Becomes familiar with CARF/JCAHO standards and the application of such
- Responsible for maintenance & updating of policy & procedure manual and clinic operations manuals and procedures
- Recommend policy & procedure updates and changes as necessary
- Stay current on all policy & procedure changes
- Serves as a clinic resource and provides or arranges for clinic training as requested/necessary
- Maintains patient, employee and company confidentiality
- Complies with other ad hoc requests and projects as assigned from time to time
- Participates in community relations, education and development activities to drive and maintain census
- Identifies and implements tactical steps to increase and retain census
- Works with clinic team to insure operations are prepared to handle increased census
- Participates in political activities to keep company connected within appropriate circles such as local government board meetings, MTP advisory board meetings, city/county administrator meetings, ADAA meetings, etc.
- Leads effort to identify, hire & train personnel with cultural diversity to meet the future clinic needs based on patient demographics – identifies cultural community leaders and networks
- Performs other development duties as assigned from time to time
- Leads efforts to obtain/retain, permits, business licenses, Federal & State licensure, etc.
- Participation in Federal & State substance abuse training, continuing education as needed to safely & effectively perform in the position
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others.
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in person meetings and access to a computer without violating company policy.
- Provides management reporting and participates in staff meetings as requested
- Participation in the overall Company Performance Improvement Process
- Knowledge and compliance with HIPAA policy and procedures
- Familiar with standards required by Board of Health, OSHA, etc. and the application of such
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists as requested with marketing programs & literature development
- Conducts performance improvement activities and prepares monthly reports
- Operates within budgetary constraints
- Regular attendance is to be maintained.
- Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with Our Company Services policy is expected.
- Meet or exceed delivery of Company Service Standards in a consistent fashion.
- Interact with all staff in a positive and motivational fashion supporting the Company’s mission.
- Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical manner
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge & skills with respect to NTP outpatient clinic operations
- Strategic thinker to be able to recommend alternative solutions, execute and monitor
- Ability to supervise & develop personnel
- Have 3 years of experience as an administrator of a clinical program
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Must have worked in the field of substance abuse a minimum of three years
- Understanding of clinic operations
- Understanding of HIPAA, Federal, State & CARF standards & regulations
- Prior experience in a healthcare environment
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Troubleshooter and problem solver
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously and generate ideas and benefits for the Company
- Customer service focused, eager and energetic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work
Our company is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.