Patient Account Rep/Fiscal Clerk
Health Care Resource Centers, a progressive substance abuse treatment organization committed to the highest quality of patient care, is seeking a Full Time (40 hours per week) Fiscal Clerk at our Woburn, MA location. Come work for a company who will treat YOU as part of our TEAM.
FISCAL CLERK FOR HCRC
- Review, maintain, and process fiscal/account records and transactions related to patient’s accounts.
- Verify insurance benefits and billing information by terminal and/or telephone. Annotate accounts with insurance coverage and estimated patient shares.
- Contact third party payers (insurance providers and state/federal agencies) for payment post billing.
- Resolve issues with payment and billing, authorization process.
- Forward information as appropriate to expedite payment.
- Maintain accurate accounts, i.e. required signatures, proper account annotation, current demographics, and correspondence.
- Insure completion of pre-authorization process by inquiry and referral to clinician.
- Monitor insurance authorizations and claim rejections.
- Maintains fiscal records and/or worksheets for all calculations, extensions, and verifications related to record keeping for assigned patient’s accounts.
- Perform tasks consistent with authorization and billing requirements.
- Maintain concurrent authorizations as needed.
- Contact patients for payment of account or payment arrangements according to current policy.
- Prepare weekly production logs for self-pay clients.
- Track self-pay balances.
- Prepare self-pay detox list.
- Prepare late notices for delinquent accounts.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient records.
- Respond appropriately to requests for information regarding accounts from payer, attorney, and others.
- Track/monitor authorizations from insurance company/third party.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others.
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in person meetings and access to a computer without violating company policy.
- Builds blank patient files for new admissions.
- Assists in obtaining and following up on patient histories from other NTP’s.
- Attends staff meetings, as needed.
- Assists with archiving discharged files.
- Conduct follow up calls.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401K
- Paid time off accrual (sick and vacation)
- Most federal and state holidays
- Early work hours and a business casual work environment
• 2-4 years’ experience with Medicaid and PAC and commercial insurance
• Knowledge of medical insurance claims procedures and documentation.
• Knowledge of medical billing procedures.
• Record maintenance skills.
• Basic data entry and/or word processing skills.
• Ability to verify data input and correct errors.
• Ability to interact and communicate with people over the telephone and in person, often in stressful situations.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively to a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.