Part Time Primary Care Physician
Part Time Physician
We operate a Family Practice primary care practice with a specialty in Substance Use Disorder (SUD).
We re looking for a part time Physician to work 1-2 days per week to do direct patient care and provide supervision and assistance to mid-level providers.
- Provide direct patient care in a primary setting
- Provide patient care for patients with Substance Use Disorder, using already developed protocols.
- Supervision and assistance to mid-level providers
- Work as part of a team - with nursing staff, counseling staff and other providers - to help patients develop and implement a recovery plan
- Participate in call system rotation for evenings, nights, and weekends
- Works with the team to improve overall quality of care
- Confers with nurses, medical assistants and case managers to assess the whole person and develop a treatment plan
- Supervises Nurse Practitioners as indicated clinically and as required by state law
- Consults with the National Medical Director on difficult cases as needed
- Conducts follow-up visits at specific intervals after the initial treatment program
- Participates in the call system for evenings, nights and weekends
- Documents all patient contact accurately in the electronic medical record
- Maintains strict adherence to HIPAA and federal and state confidentiality laws
- Current licensure as an MD/DO to practice by the State Board of Medical Examiners
- Board Certification in a primary specialty, addictionologist preferred
- Current DEA certification
- 5+ years’ experience in clinical medicine, with at least two years’ experience caring for patients with SUD
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills