Fiscal Clerk - BAART - Antioch Clinic
BAART Programs is a leader in providing substance abuse treatment programs and primary care to people in need throughout the State of California, Vermont, Nebraska, Arizona and North Carolina.
We are seeking a Fiscal Clerk for our Antioch Clinic in Antioch, CA.
- Review, maintain, and process fiscal/account records and transactions related to patient’s accounts.
- Verify insurance benefits and billing information by terminal and/or telephone. Annotate accounts with insurance coverage and estimated patient shares.
- Contact third party payers (insurance providers and state/federal agencies) for payment post billing.
- Resolve issues with payment and billing, authorization process.
- Forward information as appropriate to expedite payment.
- Maintain accurate accounts, i.e. required signatures, proper account annotation, current demographics, and correspondence.
- Insure completion of pre-authorization process by inquiry and referral to clinician.
- Monitor insurance authorizations and claim rejections.
- Maintains fiscal records and/or worksheets for all calculations, extensions, and verifications related to record keeping for assigned patient’s accounts.
- Perform tasks consistent with authorization and billing requirements.
- Maintain concurrent authorizations as needed.
- Contact patients for payment of account or payment arrangements according to current policy.
- Prepare weekly production logs for self-pay clients.
- Track self-pay balances.
- Prepare self-pay detox list.
- Prepare late notices for delinquent accounts.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient records.
- Respond appropriately to requests for information regarding accounts from payer, attorney, and others.
- Track/monitor authorizations from insurance company/third party.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others.
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in person meetings and access to a computer without violating company policy.
- Builds blank patient files for new admissions.
- Assists in obtaining and following up on patient histories from other NTP’s.
- Data entry.
- Clean and disinfect kid’s play area.
- Make coffee and clean coffee pot daily.
- Attends staff meetings, as needed.
- Assists with archiving discharged files.
- Conduct follow up calls.
- Reconcile daily money collected.
- Assist with various administrative duties, as assigned by Program Director.
- Checks insurance eligibility, when applicable
- Support organizational and departmental philosophies, goals, and objectives and through own behavior lead and motivate others to do so.
- Regular attendance is to be maintained.
- Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with our policy is expected.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum age requirement of 18
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years prior experience in a medical office setting.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional public presentation skills, including telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical insurance claims procedures and documentation.
- Knowledge of medical billing procedures.
- Proficient in basic PC skills. Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Ability to maintain routine records and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills that promote interdisciplinary collaboration and effective communication.
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions, establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, program management, medical staff, counselors and peers.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and exhibit excellent customer service skills.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary DOE
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401K
- Paid time off accrual (sick and vacation)
- Most federal and state holidays, and a birthday holiday
- Paid lunch hour (full hour)
- Early work hours and a business casual work environment
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.