Patient Account Rep/Fiscal Clerk
If you are ready for a satisfying and rewarding career, join our national team of professionals at MedMark Treatment Centers. We are one of the nation's leading addiction treatment services and our growth and expansion has produced a need for additional staff.
- Review, maintain, and process fiscal/account records and transactions related to patient’s accounts.
- Verify insurance benefits and billing information by terminal and/or telephone. Annotate accounts with insurance coverage and estimated patient shares.
- Resolve issues with payment and billing, authorization process.
- Reconcile cash receipts daily and prepare deposits.
- Maintain accurate accounts, i.e. required signatures, proper account annotation, current demographics, and correspondence.
- Insure completion of pre-authorization process by inquiry and referral to clinician.
- Monitor insurance authorizations and claim rejections.
- Maintains fiscal records and/or worksheets for all calculations, extensions, and verifications related to record keeping for assigned patient’s accounts.
- Perform tasks consistent with authorization and billing requirements.
- Maintain concurrent authorizations as needed.
- Contact patients for payment of account or payment arrangements according to current policy.
- Prepare weekly production logs for self-pay clients.
- Track self-pay balances.
- Prepare self-pay detox list.
- Prepare late notices for delinquent accounts.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient records.
- Respond appropriately to requests for information regarding accounts from payor, attorney, and others.
- Track/monitor authorizations from insurance company/third party. Requirements:
- • 2-4 years experience with Medicaid and PAC and commercial insurance
- • Knowledge of medical insurance claims procedures and documentation.
- • Knowledge of medical billing procedures
- . • Records maintenance skills.
- • Basic data entry and/or word processing skills.
- • Ability to verify data input and correct errors.
- • Ability to interact and communicate with people over the telephone and in person, often in stressful situations.
- • Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- • Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- .• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively to a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- • Ability to maintain confidentiality.