Counselor – Blacksburg, VA – AppleGate Recovery
We're Hiring & We Want You!
Imagine a place where you can make a difference every day, LOVE WHAT YOU DO, and make a great living doing it. You just found it!!!
AppleGate Recovery, a division of BayMark Health Services, is a multi-site, multi-service organization providing opioid use disorder treatment and rehabilitation for patients across the country. Providing high-quality, patient-centered treatment for addiction to prescription medications and other opioids remains the focus of AppleGate’s clinics. Combining evidence-based, medication assisted treatment with counseling and behavioral services, AppleGate Recovery offers the most successful option for many patients.
Provide treatment and casework services to patient as directed by the supervisor in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and with BayMark’s policies and procedures. Provide timely documentation of patient services based on plan of care. Identify other physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs for assigned patients. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the company’s budget. Travel as necessary.
Blacksburg, VA Location:
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely patient files.
- Coordinate care of assigned patients and present patient status and concerns with treatment team accordingly.
- Conducts comprehensive patient assessments and the development and implementation of patient treatment plans according to applicable state regulations.
- Provide clinical services and patient care and education and opiate use disorder counseling services to patients.
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions.
- Provide patient advocacy and liaison services with community and regulatory agencies as needed.
- Monitor condition of patient to evaluate success of therapy, and adapt treatment as needed.
- Assist in program evaluation efforts that describe and assess quality of services
- Comply with any and all Federal and State regulatory standards as specified.
- Record body specimen test results (UA’s) in patient file and uses test results to monitor success of treatment and as a tool for assessing treatment effectiveness.
- File various types of patient paperwork into chart.
- Coordinates with medical professionals to facilitate recovery.
- Document patient progress notes and ensure that frequencies and counseling units are met.
- Conduct patient intake and orients patient to program.
- Compose and complete all patients’ forms, including in-take and discharge paperwork for patients as required.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others.
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in person meetings and access to a computer without violating company policy.
- Provide crisis intervention, as needed.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Assist in program development activities.
- Participate in counseling supervision sessions.
- Support organizational and departmental philosophies, goals, and objectives and through own behavior and lead and motivate others to do so.
- Communicate with physician and TCD regarding pertinent patient information.
- Regular attendance is to be maintained.
- Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with BayMark Health Services policy is expected.
- Meet or exceed delivery of AppleGate Recovery Standards in a consistent fashion.
- Interact with all staff in a positive and motivational fashion supporting the Company’s mission.
- Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical manner.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- Must have Master’s Degree
- Must be licensed as an independent practitioner in the State of Virginia
- Have experience working with opiate addicted population.
- Must have or obtain current certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Exhibits excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skilled in conducting assessments, utilization of screening criteria for appropriate patient placement, treatment plan development and implementation, service coordination, and crisis intervention.
- Excellent documentation and computer skills required.
- Knowledge of local community drug trends, the effects on the body and cognitive functioning of drugs of abuse, signs and symptoms of narcotic overdose, psychosocial implications of addictive disease, the process of addiction and treatment, social service, economic, legal, and medical systems, HIV transmission-health, behavioral, and emotional implications of addiction.
- Ability to work effectively within medical hierarchy, assist in complex problem solving with clients, and work autonomously.
- Exhibits good time management skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and exhibit excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of applicable State Code of Regulations and 42 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Section 8.12.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- Self-directed with ability to work with little supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent observation, good nursing judgment and communication skills. Ability to provide good written documentation in a timely manner.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
Applegate Recovery leadership remains actively involved in the opioid use disorder treatment community, working tirelessly to improve state and federal regulations by educating policy makers about the benefits of evidence-based treatments such as methadone and buprenorphine therapy.