We're Hiring & We Want You!
Imagine a place where you can make a difference every day, LOVE WHAT YOU DO, and make a great living doing it. You just found it!!!
If you are ready for a satisfying and rewarding career, join our national team of professionals at SpecialCare. We are one of the nation's leading addiction treatment services and our growth and expansion has produced a need for additional staff.
We are seeking an Intake Coordinator at our Topeka, KS location.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of social service duties as explained in the Job Description and as may be assigned by supervisor. The position is responsible for managing telephone inquiries concerning the New Vision™ service, screens potential patients, assists them with their questions and concerns, and initiates discharge planning.
- Answer phone and record information from caller on patient inquiry sheet
- Submit information to hospital verification department for insurance eligibility
- Schedule appointment for patient intake and complete patient assessments according to policy and procedure
- Communicate with physicians and nursing staff as it pertains to patient assessment and continued stay
- Round on patients and complete daily census and send to corporate office
- Maintain HIPPA regulations and complete discharge plans with patients involvement
- Conduct follow up calls on patients according to policy and procedure
- Perform community outreach telephone calls daily to various agencies.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, Counseling, Substance Abuse, Criminal Justice, or related field. (Licensed/Certified professionals preferred)
- Basic Understanding of chemical dependency
- Understanding of HIPAA guidelines and policies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Etc.) as well as an understanding of email and attachments. Strong typing and computer application skills. Able to operate telephone, PC, copier, and other basic business machines.
- Understanding of documentation as it pertains to the healthcare industry
- Minimum of at least two (2) years of social service and/or clinical service work.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of people
- Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with BayMark Services policy is expected.