If you are ready for a satisfying and rewarding career, join our national team of professionals at MedMark Treatment Centers. We are one of the nation's leading addiction treatment services and our growth and expansion has produced a need for additional staff.
Blairsville, PA - Location:
- Interviews patients and measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information into patients’ electronic charts.
- Records and verifies patients’ information and prepares medical records on new and returning patients; reports observations of a patient to the nurse caring for the patient to ensure professional assessment.
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests. Assembles and uses such equipment as nebulizers, oxygen suppliers, and spirometry.
- Performs accucheck. Records the results, initials and dates the report, and marks the appropriate box to indicate whether confirmatory testing will or will not be done. Enters the results into the computer for a permanent record and chart report.
- Performs quality control tests according to the clinic procedure and testing schedule. Records the results in the quality control log; initials and dates the log.
- Obtains blood specimens and collects nonblood specimens such as urine sputum, for laboratory testing.
- Checks the test requisition or computer label against the nursing station log to assure correctness and completeness prior to collecting samples. Brings discrepancies to the attention of the clinic personnel for correction. Verifies positive patient identification.
- Performs venipuncture’s and finger sticks using the aseptic technique and in accordance with clinic procedures.
- Ensures that specimen requirements are met at the time of collection and maintains specimen integrity.
- Accessions and processes specimens to prepare them for laboratory testing.
- Prepares specimens for reference laboratory dispatch and testing.
- Contributes to the general laboratory functions and institutional needs
- Maintains compliance with company and clinic policies and procedures, as well as safety practices.
- Instills confidence in the patient by maintaining a neat and attractive appearance and performing duties in a competent and caring manner.
- Shows dependability by being punctual; maintains consistent attendance.
- Maintains good working relations among all clinic personnel and other company employees through appropriate communication.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients and disinfects treatment rooms, equipment and supplies using germicides.
- Maintains laboratory logs including specimen storage conditions, incidents, patient draws, etc. Monitors and records refrigerator temperatures. Defrosts lab refrigerators as needed and records process and temperatures.
- Cleans and disinfects laboratory daily.
- Will maintain clinic in a safe and comfortable environment for patients, guests and employees while promoting an atmosphere of cooperation, respect, and teamwork.
- Answers telephone and intercom calls, provides necessary information or relays messages to patients or appropriate medical personnel.
- Check patients in. Collect payments. Handles the mail. Data entry. Reconcile daily cash.
- Builds blank patient files for new admissions.
- Assists in obtaining and following up on patient histories from other NTP’s.
- Prepares daily lab schedules and supplies and material, especially laboratory supplies.
- Inventories and orders supplies and material, especially laboratory supplies.
- Will maintain patient, employee, and computer data confidentiality while keying data into the computer to maintain office and patient records.
- Supports clinical staff in the administrative functions of the clinic.
- Participates in the MedMark Performance Improvement Plan.
- Maintain knowledge and compliance with HIPAA policy and procedures.
- Responsible for administrative tasks such as an answering the phone or preparing reports.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others.
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in person meetings and access to a computer without violating company policy.
- Maintain administrative and non-clinical areas in an orderly and sanitary manner.
- Ensures any contaminated trash is disposed properly.
- Utilizes resources and materials in a safe and efficient manner.
- Attends clinic staff meetings.
- Participates in in-service training and continuing education as necessary or required to safely and effectively perform job.
- Other duties as assigned.
-- High School diploma or GED.
-- One or more years in a clerical environment with knowledge of clerical procedures and office equipment
-- Knowledge in collection of fees
-- Accurate accounting of money
-- Ability to maintain confidential information