Exciting Opportunity to join our growing Team of Care Advocates!
BayMark Health Services is the largest outpatient provider of opioid treatment services in North America. We are looking for compassionate and articulate individuals to guide and motivate people to begin their path to recovery. Based in Lewisville, Texas, you will be part of a state of the art Contact Center Team providing best in class customer service to individuals and families seeking treatment. If you are passionate about fighting the opioid epidemic, have outstanding communication skills, a caring personality, and the desire to encourage and support others through this life changing process, we want to meet with you.
Responsible for incoming and outgoing communications regarding BayMark Health Services and promoting the appropriate treatment and locations. Serves as the initial point of contact for prospective patients, families, and referral sources to gain information about our treatment programs. Gathers and exchanges information, records data using online forms and databases, and schedules services. Care Advocates are warm, compassionate, and engaging individuals with excellent listening and communication skills. Care Advocates also appreciate the difficulties people with substance use disorders (SUD) have in deciding to stop using drugs and seeking treatment for their addiction. Care Advocates are responsible for educating prospective patients, their family and support person(s) about treatment options and the importance of making this life saving decision. Care Advocates are also entrusted with the responsibility of motivating patients to choose treatment utilizing consultative sales techniques including listening, trust-building, and needs assessment, to guide them to schedule an appointment.
Knowledge and Responsibilities
- Answer calls from prospective patients, family members, and support persons to identify and schedule the best treatment option for that patient.
- Listen carefully to understand the individual’s life situation and drug use history.
- Use a broad range of consultative sales techniques to build rapport and trust with the caller.
- Effectively and articulately communicate the benefits of treatment and highlight potential outcomes specific to the individual.
- Educate the patient/family/support person on the grave and life threatening disease of addiction.
- Has the ability to accurately collect, document and assess information from callers and explain treatment options and services specific to their need.
- Possess interpersonal skills, professional attitude, and an appreciation for the challenges people suffering with OUD.
- Able to recognize signs of suicidality and immediately implement Contact Center protocols.
- Act as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on all services offered.
- Serve as patient advocate, representing the patients’ needs and concerns.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Confirm receipt of patient information, promptly connect patient to treatment centers as appropriate, and provides information to process appointments.
- Assure timely responses to inquiries regarding services; screening forms, assessments, referral services and associated data collection.
- Facilitate access to the appropriate treatment center; follows-up with patients to confirm appointments, provide additional information regarding services, and address unresolved inquiries.
- Ability to empathize, acknowledge and convey compassion in all call interactions.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with callers at all times.
• Passionate about fighting the opioid epidemic and excited to have the opportunity to play a direct role in getting patients into treatment.
• Minimum of two years’ work experience in sales, preferably in a service-related industry, is required.
• Preference is given to candidates with previous experience in a Substance Use or Mental Health treatment setting.
• Required Education: Minimum Associates degree from an accredited college,
• Experience with Salesforce a plus.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task to speak with callers, type responses, operate software systems, and toggle between multiple windows while providing appropriate responses.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, and Excel.
• Communication skills - able to communicate in a clear, articulate, and professional manner
• Interpersonal and Customer Relations skills - able to maintain a warm and professional manner with callers. Seeks to WOW the caller with a positive customer service experience and to provide the caller with the help they need.
• Planning/Organizational skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through projects in a self-motivated manner.
• Adaptability - able to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, enhancements or unexpected events.
• Problem-solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions.
• Time Management skills able to use time effectively in a semi-supervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced in volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The employee will be required to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned.