MEDMARK SERVICES, INC
- An RN provides medical treatment, personal care services, and preventative health care services to ill, injured and handicapped persons in the clinic under the direction and supervision of the providers.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Patient/Client Care
- Provides triage duties which includes patient history, vital signs and determination of acuity for all urgent/walk-in patients.
- Administers medication and records in patient chart; observes for any possible reactions
- Performs patient care tasks including use of equipment such as nebulizers, spirometry, glucometer, centrifuge, AED and EKG machine.
- Performs patient care tasks including wound care and collection of specimens
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height and records information into patient’s electronic chart.
- Collect samples of urine, blood, sputum from patients, labeling such samples and sending them to the lab for testing.
- Schedule follow-up appointments or change them as needed for providers.
- Takes care of Case Management needs for office along with Social worker.
- Environment of Care Responsibilities
- Cleans and prepares patient areas and treatment rooms for examination of patients and sterilizes treatment rooms, equipment. Responsible for ensuring that contaminated material and trash are maintained in proper containers.
- Will maintain clinic in a safe and comfortable environment for patients, guests and employees while promoting an atmosphere of cooperation, respect and teamwork.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Will key data into computer to update patient records while maintaining patient, employee, and computer data confidentiality.
- Answers telephone and intercom calls, providing necessary information or relaying messages to patients or appropriate medical personnel.
- Participates in staff meetings and in-service programs
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in the MedMark Performance Improvement Plan
- Maintain knowledge and compliance with HIPPA policy and procedures
- Assists with the orientation of new personnel
- Diabetic and nutritional education counselor and teacher for diabetic clinics held in the clinic. These roles include teach patients how to use diabetic machine and preparing forms.
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate channels of communication
- Utilizes resources and materials in a safe and efficient manner
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Keep up to date with current CDC, OSHA, JCAHO and Bio Hazard, recommendations, standards, rules and regulations
- Assumes responsibility for own continued personal and professional growth
- Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively
- Consistent attendance
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment/practice
- BCLS certified
- Excellent customer service demeanor
- Good computer skills
- Able to lift 100 pounds, if necessary, to assist fallen patient. Able to life 20 pounds for routine performance of essential functions.
Environmental Conditions Critical to Performance:
An individual in this position may be exposed to:
- Adverse indoor and outdoor environmental conditions
- Blood borne pathogens
- Physical hazards ( i.e.: needle sticks, etc)
- Chemical hazards