Registered Nurse - Nurse Coordinator
We're Hiring & We Want You!
Imagine a place where you can make a difference every day, LOVE WHAT YOU DO, and make a great living doing it. You just found it!!!
As an innovative center for addiction treatment, the Coleman Institute is one of the leading outpatient medical detox centers in the country. Since 1998, we have helped thousands of people free themselves from addiction to opioid prescription medication painkillers, heroin, Suboxone®, methadone, alcohol and other drugs, with our Accelerated Outpatient Detox. Combined with Naltrexone therapy and case management, our programs have helped patients move beyond their addictions to recovery and healing. Dr. Coleman has been in long-term recovery himself since 1984 and has built a team that understands addiction is a disease. Our clinical team is committed to treating our patients with compassion, kindness and respect. Founded in Richmond, Virginia, our network has expanded to cover 13 cities across the United States.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse - Nurse Coordinator to provide care and support in our Richmond, Virginia office and be a key member of a dedicated team.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse Program.
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure in Virginia or compact state.
- Current certification in BCLS.
- 1-2 years of prior healthcare experience with similar patient population in either primary care or substance abuse setting.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Preferred knowledge of local community drug trends, the effects on the body and cognitive functioning of drugs of abuse, signs and symptoms of narcotic overdose, psychosocial implications of addictive disease, the process of addiction and treatment, social service, economic, legal, and medical systems, HIV transmission-health, behavioral, and emotional implications of addiction.
- Familiar with State Regulations, DEA regulations and TJC and / or CARF Accreditation.
- Able to make decisions in a timely manner using sound, prudent judgment.
- Must be positive, emergent and hardworking.
- Excellent customer service demeanor and interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent documentation and computer skills required.
- Able to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers
- Satisfactory criminal background check
- Identifies and performs patient care requirements in accordance with policy and procedures by adhering to therapeutic standards and following program philosophies, protocols and standards of care set by the Medical Director.
- Assists Providers with performing intake screenings for patients being scheduled for detox with The Coleman Institute.
- Assists Office Manager in work and duty assignments for Medical Assistants.
- Assists with oversight of The Coleman Institute detox calendar and ensures an efficient schedule is maintained.
- Operates all medical equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Performs all required lab testing including collecting blood specimens using proper phlebotomy technique, and collecting urine specimens etc., in accordance with policy and protocol, and properly handles and prepares specimens for transfer to laboratory testing site.
- Performs all required administrative responsibilities in order to properly and thoroughly document patient’s care to include recording all activity in the Electronic Medical Record system, patient check in, collection of payments, answering phones, etc. or other duties as directed.
- Performs placement of IV’s according to policy and procedures and safe administration of medications through PO, IM, SC and parenteral routes.
- Assists providers with minor surgical procedures maintaining sterile technique.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients and properly disinfects treatment rooms, equipment and supplies.
- Assists in maintaining proper maintenance of equipment, maintaining appropriate levels of nursing/clinic supply and placing orders according to clinic policy and procedures.
- Maintains compliance with all safety and bio-hazard regulations and protocols.
- Maintains knowledge and compliance with HIPAA policy and procedures
- Maintains patient, employee, and company data confidentiality while keying data into the computer in the performance of maintaining office and patient records.
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance.
- Performs duties in a competent and caring manner.
- Shows dependability by being punctual and maintains consistent attendance.
- Maintain clinic in a safe and comfortable environment for patients, guests and employees while promoting an atmosphere of cooperation, respect, and teamwork.
- Ability to handle stressful, urgent and critical situations.
- Regularly attend clinic/office meetings.
- Participates in in-service training and continuing education as necessary to maintain licensure or as required to safely and effectively perform job.