PT Dispensing Nurse
We're Hiring & We Want You!
Imagine a place where you can make a difference every day, LOVE WHAT YOU DO, and make a great living doing it. You just found it!!!
Provide skilled professional nursing care to patient as directed by the supervisor in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and with BayMark’s policies and procedures. Provide timely documentation of patient services based on plan of care. Identify other physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs for assigned patients. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the company’s budget. Travel as necessary.
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- At a minimum, must possess a current license as a Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse, or Registered Nurse in the State where practicing. Graduate of accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program. In California only, a California license as a Psychiatric Technician may be substituted for the nursing license.
- Minimum of one-year general experience preferred.
- Must have or obtain current certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Computer experience required.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting.
- Self-directed with ability to work with little supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent observation, good nursing judgment and communication skills. Ability to provide good written documentation in a timely manner.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Using an automated or manual dispensing system, administers methadone to patients accurately and timely as directed by doctor’s orders and policies and procedures.
- Produce and maintain appropriate records and reports as required by Company protocol and policies.
- Federal and State Regulations. Order, receive and stock medication in accordance with DEA and State regulations. (If granted Power of Attorney)
- Calibrates pump monthly and maintains dispensing equipment. Ensure compliance with security standards for the distribution and storage of controlled substances as set forth in the Code of Federal regulations.
- Handle and dispense methadone in accordance with State, Federal and DEA regulations.
- Stock supplies and monitor supply inventory (i.e. take-home bottles, caps, etc.)
- Submit methadone inventory on a daily basis.
- Note and take orders from the doctor or medical director, including verbal orders.
- Meet or exceed delivery of Company Service Standards in a consistent fashion.
- Interact with staff in a positive and motivational fashion supporting the Company mission.
- Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical manner.
- Other duties, as assigned