Work for a demonstrated growth oriented company that has expanded through acquisition and new locations. BayMark has become one of the largest opiate treatment company in the country and with this growth comes opportunities for our staff and for the candidate selected for this position.
We are currently recruiting for a Billing Specialist at our corporate headquarters location.
- Previous physician office and or hospital billing and follow up experience required (3 years)
- Must have strong working knowledge in Texas Medicaid, Medi-Cal and managed care plans
- Candidates must have experience in medical terminology, ICD-9 coding, CPT codes, UB04 and 1500 claim forms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data entry experience
- Compliance with all billing-related HIPAA policies
- Proficient in basic PC skills. Microsoft Word and Excel required
Ability to multi-task and handle large volume of detail work accurately and efficiently and meet deadlines
- Responsible for submitting claims and following up with insurance companies.
- Responsibilities also include posting and managing account payments. Travel as necessary.
- Data entry of charges and billing of claims to various insurance companies
- Medical AR follow-up procedures to include reviewing and working aging reports, denials and insurance correspondence from various insurance carriers
- Ability to audit and analyze patient accounts
- Requires vast awareness of different medical software or the ability to learn new customized software quickly
- Payment posting and account reconciliation
- Review and process adjustments and refunds on patient accounts
- Support Programs by responding promptly and accurately to inquiries.
- Comprehensive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)
- Generous paid time off
- Company paid STD and LTD
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.
•High School Diploma
•Minimum of 3 years’ experience in healthcare billing and collections is preferable.
•At least 3 years in the medical industry (Medicaid) preferable
•Must be able to analyze, record, and summarize fiscal transactions and prepare spreadsheets/financial statements.
•Requires the performance of calculations involving basic arithmetic skills, good degree of verbal and written communications and the ability to give/follow oral and written instructions.
•Must have strong working knowledge in third party billing and reimbursement with an emphasis on Medicaid.
•Candidates must have experience in medical terminology as it relates to our business, OTP coding and know thoroughly the authorization process.
•Working knowledge of different MCO authorization requirements.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.