Service Coordinator Kansas City/Harrisonville
We're Hiring & We Want You!
Imagine a place where you can make a difference every day, LOVE WHAT YOU DO, and make a great living doing it. You just found it!!!
If you are ready for a satisfying and rewarding career, join our national team of professionals at SpecialCare a Division of BayMark Health Services. We are one of the nation's leading addiction treatment services and our growth and expansion has produced a need for additional staff.
We are seeking a Service Coordinator at our Hospital in Kansas City/ Harrisonville.
This position is responsible for the management of the New Vision™ office, which includes participation and over-site of the admission and referral process as well as internal documentation auditing. In addition the Service Coordinator is responsible for planning weekly outreach in the community to enhance the visibility of the New Vision Service and client hospital.
The Service Coordinator works collaboratively with hospital administration, physician and nursing staff, Regional Operations Manager, and Clinical Director to coordinate a continuum of care for the addicted patient. Employee is expected to be present at client hospital during assigned business hours to supervise the intake staff, assist with inquiries, admissions, discharge planning, meet with hospital physicians, nursing staff, and administration as well as provide general direction on the proper functioning of the site.
Service Coordinator is expected to be on site daily unless they are off site performing community outreach and educational activities pursuant to the marketing and outreach plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, Counseling, Substance Abuse, Criminal Justice, or related field. (Licensed/Certified professionals preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License, Vehicle Registration, and Verifiable Automobile Insurance
- Basic Understanding of chemical dependency
- Minimum of at least three (3) years of social service and/or clinical service work.
- Marketing or Public Relations experience
- Must be punctual, dependable, and demonstrate an outstanding work ethic.
- Must be comfortable working independently yet collaboratively as an integral member of a cohesive team.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of people
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership and management skills
- Understanding of HIPAA guidelines and policies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Etc.) as well as an understanding of email and attachments. Strong typing and computer application skills. Able to operate telephone, PC, copier, and other basic business machines.
- Understanding of documentation as it pertains to the healthcare industry
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, remain open to others’ ideas and exhibit willingness to try new things.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Ability to edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, mange competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Maintain a minimum of 12 Outside Marketing Contacts each week with various treatment agencies, physician offices, hospitals, etc.
- Complete assigned reports in accordance with company policy.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the New Vision™ office.
- Effectively communicate with Hospital Administration, Physicians, Nurses, and Community Partners.
- Act as a liaison between the New Vision™ Service and the Community as well as between the Client Hospital and the Corporate Office.
- Assist the Intake Coordinator with inquiries, assessments, discharge planning, follow up calls, and day to day operations of the office.
- Maintain HIPPA
- Support organizational and departmental philosophies, goals, and objectives and through own behavior lead and motivate others to do so.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others.
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in person meetings and access to a computer without violating company policy.
- Regular attendance is to be maintained.
- Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with BayMark Services policy is expected.
- Other duties, as assigned.