BayMark Services, Inc. Job Description
TITLE: Intake Coordinator
REPORTS TO:Service Coordinator FLSA: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for performing a variety of social service duties as explained in the Job Description and as may be assigned by supervisor. The position is responsible for managing telephone inquiries concerning the New Vision™ service, screens potential patients, assists them with their questions and concerns, and initiates discharge planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, Counseling, Substance Abuse, Criminal Justice, or related field. (Licensed/Certified professionals preferred)
- Basic Understanding of chemical dependency
- Understanding of HIPAA guidelines and policies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Etc.) as well as an understanding of email and attachments. Strong typing and computer application skills. Able to operate telephone, PC, copier, and other basic business machines.
- Understanding of documentation as it pertains to the healthcare industry
- Minimum of at least two (2) years of social service and/or clinical service work.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of people
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be a team player that is willing to accept and promote goals with minimal supervision and have the ability to assist and support others.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, remain open to others’ ideas and exhibit willingness to try new things.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Ability to edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, mange competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Answer phone and record information from caller on patient inquiry sheet
- Submit information to hospital verification department for insurance eligibility
- Schedule appointment for patient intake
- Complete patient assessments according to policy and procedure
- Communicate with physicians and nursing staff as it pertains to patient assessment and continued stay
- Round on patients daily
- Complete discharge plans with patients involvement
- Maintain HIPPA
- Complete daily census and send to corporate office
- Conduct follow up calls on patients according to policy and procedure
- Perform community outreach telephone calls daily to various agencies.
- Support organizational and departmental philosophies, goals, and objectives and through own behavior lead and motivate others to do so.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others.
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in person meetings and access to a computer without violating company policy.
- Regular attendance is to be maintained.
- Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with BayMark Services policy is expected.
- Other duties, as assigned.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents will be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
General office located inside client hospital
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, twist and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Regularly required to use hands, talk, and hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to twist, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl in an eight (8) hour work day. Specific vision abilities include close, peripheral depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- In an eight (8) hour work day:
a.sit0 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 hours
b.stand0 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 7 8 hours
c.walk0 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 7 8 hours
2. Job requires:
h. walking on rough ground
i. exposure to change of
temperature or humidity
j. exposure to dust, fumes or gases
k. being near moving equipment
l. working from heights
3.Job requires employee to lift/carry:
a. 0-10 lbs
b. 11-24 lbs
c. 25-34 lbs
d. 35-50 lbs
- Job requires employee to push/pull:
a. 0-10 lbs
b. 11-24 lbs
c. 25-34 lbs
d. 35-50 lbs
- Other aspects and demands of the job not listed above:
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Employee is expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, employee is expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities. Employee must attend mandatory education programs.
I have read and I understand my job description including all responsibilities and accountabilities. I accept the responsibility this position represents and am committed to the continued success of the team. I also understand it is my responsibility to frequently review BayMark’s Administrative Policies and Procedures located in ExponentHR (on the navigation bar click Personal>HR Administration>Forms and Documents>Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.
Print Name________________________________________ Location_______________________
1 Oct 2014
Page 1 of 4