FULL TIME INTAKE COORDINATOR NEEDED IN MARYSVILLE, OH
This position is responsible for performing a variety of social service duties as explained in the Job Description and as may be assigned by supervisor. The position is responsible for managing telephone inquiries concerning the New Vision™ service, screens potential adult patients, assists them with their questions and concerns, and initiates discharge planning.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related fields such as Human Services, Psychology, Counseling,
- Substance Abuse, Criminal Justice, and Social Work.
- Licensed/Certified professionals preferred.
- Basic understanding of chemical dependency.
- Knowledge of all related computer applications.
- Understanding of social services and/or hospital procedures and policies
- Understanding of HIPAA guidelines and policies
- Preferred Experience:
- Minimum of at least two (2) years of social service and/or clinical or inpatient setting experience.
- Prior experience with insurance management and/or substance abuse population.
- Highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people and must demonstrate communication, organizational, administrative and office skills.
- Must be a team player willing to accept and promote organizational goals and function with minimal supervision.
- Strong typing and computer application skills.
- Ability to assist and support others.
- Able to operate telephone, PC, copier, and other basic business machines.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, remain open to others’ ideas and exhibit willingness to try new things.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Ability to edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, mange competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, respond to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Essential Functions for Screening and Intake:
- Effectively screen, verify, and report patient information
- Complete the "Patient Inquiry Sheet", which is page 1 of the Intake Packet, for each telephone inquiry regarding the New Vision™ service, obtaining and verifying all information required, completing the form with the Intake Coordinator’s signature, date and time of call.
- Verify the type of payer coverage the caller has prior to admission and complete pre-certification if required.
- Instruct the potential patient to come into the hospital for a screening to determine appropriateness for admission.
- Upon arrival complete pages 2, 3, and 4 of the Intake Packet in its entirety for admission to the hospital.
- Appropriately complete withdrawal/toxicity scales to confirm criteria for admission.
- Accurately give summary report of intake information to medical director.
- Upon admission initiate discharge planning relevant to the appropriate level of care for the patient.
Related Duties as Requested or Assigned:
- Providing support to the Service Coordinator and local office to ensure efficient and effective success of site.
- Print or Fax Daily Census to Corporate office by 9:30 a.m. (Central Time) daily; if unable to print or fax information, call the information to the Corporate office.
- Assist the Service Coordinator in community outreach by telephone using daily call sheets, site visits, and mail.
- Assist the Service Coordinator with chart audits and other reports, as requested.
- Assist the Service Coordinator with other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to: tours of unit; distributing promotional materials in the hospital and community locations.
- Assume limited duties of Service Coordinator during the coordinator’s absence with guidance from the assigned Regional Operations Manager.
- Enter program data into computer database.
- Follow up on inquiries meeting criteria but not yet admitted.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Makes photo copies, faxes documents and perform other clerical duties as assigned.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as directed.
- Stays well informed of corporate policies and procedures.
- Arrives to work on time.