Lead Dispensing Nurse
Lead Dispensing Nurse in San Francisco, CA
BAART Programs is a leader in providing substance abuse treatment programs and primary care to people in need throughout the State of California, Vermont, Nebraska, Arizona and North Carolina.
Join the team at Baymark Health Services' Bay Area Addiction Research & Treatment (BAART Programs). We are seeking a Full Time Temporary Lead Nurse at our Market Street Clinic located in San Francisco, CA.
- Knowledge of medications that interfere with the effectiveness of methadone.
- Prior to dispensing medication, identify patient and access patient’s physical and mental condition, including signs of alcohol intoxication.
- Ability to recognize overdose of methadone and take appropriate action per program protocol.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely patient files.
- Exhibits excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent documentation and computer skills required.
- Knowledge of local community drug trends, the effects on the body and cognitive functioning of drugs of abuse, signs and symptoms of narcotic overdose, psychosocial implications of addictive disease, the process of addiction and treatment, social service, economic, legal, and medical systems, HIV transmission-health, behavioral, and emotional implications of addiction.
- Ability to work effectively within medical hierarchy, assist in complex problem solving with clients, and work autonomously.
- Exhibits good time management skills.
- Ability to start work with a diverse population and exhibit excellent customer service skills.
- Ensure dispensing nurses & medical assistants have current licenses and CPR / First Aid completion certificates.
- The ability to interact compassionately with a diverse population
- Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse in good standing with the State of California.
- Previous experience in dispensing and substance abuse treatment preferred
- Computer proficiency desired
- An opportunity to help in the fight against opioid addition.
- Health insurance for this position which includes medical, dental, and life insurance
- Paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time.
- 401(k) plan
- A business casual work environment
- Great work hours.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.