BasicOps is a San Francisco startup building powerful, integrated teamwork tools for real people in real teams. Tools that work the way you work—no matter how you work.
The world of enterprise workflow software has gotten decidedly inhuman, with dreary, cumbersome and inflexible tools that take more than they give. We aim to change this, and we're looking for a talented, ambitious and emotionally engaged designer to help lead the charge.
You’ll have primary responsibility for interaction and user experience design across the full product suite, with room for real impact before we launch. Ideal candidates will also bring visual design skills to bear in helping develop a fresh, provocative approach to our products and our brand.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design product features, interactions, and experiences, from concept sketch to launch, and across all platforms.
- Create detailed visual mock-ups, interaction workflows, wireframes, and prototypes to illustrate design intent and clearly communicate with internal stakeholders.
- Create and maintain the product’s visual language and design patterns and promote their use.
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to oversee the design for a feature from conception to launch.
- Work with an iterative design process: incorporating feedback, testing designs, and launching quickly.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate offers:
- 4+ years of professional experience designing rich and engaging consumer or enterprise products as an interaction or product designer.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range and depth of skill designing beautiful and effective software experiences.
- Experience designing responsive web applications and mobile applications.
- Proficiency with industry standard design tools and best practices.
- Intelligence and emotional awareness in equal measure, and impeccable teamwork skills and communication.
This is a full-time position, contract to hire position, based in the San Francisco office.
We are passionate about solving problems. Our goal is to create a product that encourages and strengthens collaboration among teams. We are committed to providing our customers with the best service and tools possible.
BasicOps is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We do not make employment decisions based upon race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.