Strategic Alliances Manager - Accounting and Consulting Partners
The mission of Avalara’s Strategic Alliances team is to create long-term, multi-dimensional partnerships that enable customer acquisition and drive mutual revenue for Avalara and our partners and ensure client success.
Avalara is looking for an experienced EMEA Strategic Alliances Manager (SAM) focused on the Accounting, Tax and Consulting Channel. The SAM will be responsible for creating new alliance engagements and will bring existing alliances to a strategic level. Key opportunity to partner with leading organisations such as KPMG, Deloitte, EY and PWC to create joint offerings in the tax / compliance automation ecosystem. This will require deep relationships to be formed within these firms at all levels/locales of their organization, as well as the creation and execution of partner business plans, events and other networking opportunities.
The Strategic Alliance Manager is responsible for driving highly qualified opportunities, closed deals and revenue through their assigned territory or named partners.
- Recruit, establish and manage relationships with new and existing partners in order to create new opportunities for these partners and Avalara.
- Evangelise Avalara at partner events, covering internal events and partner external customer facing events. Create collateral to sustain Avalara’s category leadership in tax automation.
- Facilitate partner opportunity planning to drive joint wins for Avalara and partners. Achieve software and service targets as agreed with respective partners.
- Facilitate product and program training for partners & clients through webinars and demonstrations of our product offerings.
- Help partners build sales / pre-sales capacity and capability on Avalara tax platforms. Drive training and certification within partner ecosystem.
- Support sales initiatives through this channel by working closely with an extended team of Avalara solutions consultants, field sales, marketing and operational resources.
- Collaborate with the Avalara Regional Sales Managers (RSM) on closing new business.
- Track status of sales cycles and implementation projects of partners’ customers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field, with a solid background in software sales, business development and/or channel management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship/team building and account management skills
- Leadership qualities that reflect a self-motivated individual with the ability to work as part of a team
- Five+ years high-tech industry experience of channel development or strategic alliance experience
- Software sales experience, including ERP, Accounting, CRM, and Software-as-a-Service/Cloud Computing business applications
- Experience building and monetising relationships
- Marketing experience is not required, but preferred
- Tax and accounting experience a plus
- European Languages a plus
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with sales and excise tax, VAT, and other transactional tax requirements by delivering comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use. Avalara’s end-to-end suite of solutions is designed to effectively manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities in the United States and internationally.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. The company processes millions of tax transactions for customers and free users every day, files hundreds of thousands of transactional tax returns per year, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.