Financial Analyst-Sales Commissions
As a key member of the Financial Planning and Analysis team, this highly visible position will be responsible for accurately calculating sales commissions for a variety of compensation plans, delivering best in class customer support to a growing sales organization, and providing in-depth analysis of sales performance and commissions earned. The ideal candidate will be detailed oriented, able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and an effective communicator.
- Calculate and administer monthly sales commissions for Avalara’s global sales organization
- Maintain sales commission calculation and reporting software for various compensation plans
- Research and resolve commission inquiries and discrepancies, escalating issues to appropriate internal stakeholders
- Preserve detailed, accurate, and organized records of commission calculations and payments
- Prepare sales commission accruals to support the monthly accounting close process
- Collaborate with sales and operations teams to create and implement sales compensation plans
- Provide monthly financial reporting, forecasting, and variance analysis around sales performance and commission attainment
- 4 years of financial analysis experience, with at least 1 year supporting a global sales organization
- Experience using commission software solutions and other tools to calculate, analyze, interpret, and implement sales commission plans and rate schedules
- Advanced Excel skills, including experience building detailed financial models
- Ability to work independently, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with a proven track record of partnering within and across functions to improve processes and drive results
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar quantitative field
- Experience working with Xactly Incent, Salesforce.com, and Host Analytics
- Technology industry experience, ideally within a SaaS enterprise
- Public company finance and/or accounting experience
- Advanced degree and/or professional certification
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.