Account Development Representative-BD
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with sales tax, excise tax, and other transactional tax requirements by delivering comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate and easy to use. Avalara’s end-to-end suite of solutions is designed to effectively manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities in the United States and internationally.
Avalara is looking for fiercely competitive Account Development Representatives to identify net new prospects through outbound prospecting. The primary role is to prospect net new targets over the phone and set up discovery calls and meetings for Launch Managers on the Partner Development Team to help achieve revenue targets
Account Development Representatives (ADRs) are tasked with identifying high value opportunities and working closely with the marketing partners to research lists of companies to target, develop email and telephone campaigns and follow through with general ongoing contact with prospects to help nurture them through the sales funnel to generate new business opportunities. This position has advancement potential within the sales/marketing or business development organization.
What You’ll Do
- Respond to and qualify incoming web and phone inquiries regarding Avalara products
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience
- Build an excellent knowledge of products and services to be sold
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Avalara products
- Drive customer participation in webinars, certification events, and/or conferences
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified and sales accepted opportunities
- Actively collaborate as a team member within the department and with the organization as a whole
- Curious, ambitious and achievement oriented
- Persistent and positive by nature
- Interested in the pursuit of mastery through practice, commitment and discipline
- Strong desire to be in technology sales
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications or related area
- 0-12 months of sales experience with a desire to sell SaaS software
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- You should be fearless, strongly self-motivated, goal oriented, methodical, tenacious, and creative.
- Ability to adapt quickly, multi-task and create structure in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and Salesforce.com (CRM)
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.