We are seeking an experienced Compliance Administrator to join the Brighton based MRS Compliance Specialists and Filings teams, providing an efficient and highly-responsive International VAT compliance service.
- Working in teams of 6-10 MRS VAT country specialists and filings teams, providing an efficient and highly-responsive International VAT compliance service
- Ensuring all submissions are completed on-time, accurately and to Avalara targets on efficiency and profitability
- Building trusted relations with the Country tax authorities
- Ongoing implementation and training on the use of VAT Reporting and other automation platforms in the VAT service
- Providing clients and staff with technical VAT support on more complex registrations, transactions and filings
- Support on research for Technical & QA Teams of Country compliance laws and practices
- Ensuring Workflow data and reporting is fully up-to-date, and other team members and clients understand their responsibilities and timelines for ongoing compliance
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Additional European language is essential
- Preferred languages: Italian, Swedish, Swiss, Hungarian, Danish, Dutch
- 1 year + experience of EU VAT compliance
- Graduate level candidate
- Drive to learn more about VAT and automation
- Potentially qualified with recognised tax or accounting body
- Pragmatic attitude; always looking for workable solutions rather than insurmountable rules stopping clients doing business in Country
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.