Sr. Manager, Revenue Accounting
The Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting is a key member of the revenue accounting team and is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the revenue accounting team. Reporting to the Director of Revenue Accounting, the Senior Manager is responsible for actively managing and improving the monthly close process and providing day-to-day and longer-term strategic leadership to a team of accounting professionals. The Senior Manager is also responsible for helping develop and enhance accounting policies, procedures, reporting controls and financial compliance.
Duties and responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Key contributor to the worldwide revenue close process, including account reconciliation, internal reporting, and analysis
- Strong partner with all areas involved in the revenue process, including sales operations, billing and collections, and information technology
- Prepare quarterly review and year-end audit schedules, interact and provide details for testing to external auditors, and resolve any issues identified effectively and efficiently
- Document processes and templates to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Work closely with the Accounting team to design and monitor effectiveness of internal controls related to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Mentor and coach the revenue accounting team
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or master’s degree in accounting preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential preferred, public company experience desired
- Minimum seven years’ work experience, preferably in the technology sector, with prior management responsibility
- Significant experience with NetSuite Advanced Revenue Management
- Strong Excel skills
- Advanced knowledge of technical GAAP and SEC reporting requirements; including expertise in ASC 606 revenue recognition
- A solid understanding of the concepts of internal control design and operational effectiveness
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Superior organizational and process management complemented by strong attention to detail
- Advanced time-management skills to handle multiple deliverables simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth and rapidly changing environment.
- Proven ability to learn complex processes quickly and take on new tasks including leading projects, while also managing recurring functions.
- Great problem solving and analytical skill to analyze information, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations.
- Capacity to promote ideas persuasively and influence without direct authority; work through conflicts, while building collegial working relationships.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, e-commerce, and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.