The full-time Facilities Manager is responsible for ensuring a safe, secure, clean and functional working environment for Avalara employees and guests. The Facilities Manager will be responsible for management and maintenance of our Brighton office and will work in conjunction with the Sr. Manager, Global Facilities on special projects related to our company facilities and partner with the local Brighton office manager on daily tasks.
Avalarians wear orange. We’re optimistic. Curious. Adaptable. We are intensely committed to making the difficult simple for our customers – which is hard, but really rewarding. Some say we’re a little quirky, but that’s a good thing, right? We welcome and value unique people and insights, and we believe our winning culture sets us apart. We recognize, cherish, and hire to that conviction every day.
- Assists with maintaining daily operations of the physical facility.
- Supports maintenance mechanics and facilities staff by performing “handyman” maintenance duties such as furniture moves, simple electrical projects, spot painting and/or cleaning, light construction and/or exterior clean up.
- May perform other activities such as audio-visual (AV) set up for meetings or conferences, inter-office mail deliveries, waste paper recycling, and stocking and cleaning of employee break areas.
- Responsible for assisting with space-planning, reorganizations to accommodate our growing business
- Assist build-out of new office space
- Minor maintenance of building/facilities
- Work with contractors and external vendors as needed
- Provide maintenance/facilities support for remote offices as needed
- General office clean-up; upkeep
- Pick-up/drop-offs of specials guests/visitors/employees
- Special projects as directed by supervisor
- Miscellaneous errands for company
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 1-3 years facilities experience
- Experience managing projects from start to finish
- Working knowledge of general building maintenance
- Strong communication skills and customer service focus
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment to resolve problems
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Clean driving record
- Reliable vehicle which may be utilized for local travel
- Ability to travel (plane)
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use. Avalara’s Compliance Cloud™ platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
A privately held company, Avalara’ s venture capital investors include Sageview Capital, Battery Ventures, Warburg Pincus, Technology Crossover Ventures, Arthur Ventures, and other institutional and individual investors. Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com.