Product Support Manager
The Product Support Manager is first and foremost a leader. The ability to understand the needs of your employees in order for them to be successful is paramount. With that in mind, as the leader of this team, you will be directly responsible for supporting Avalara’s suite of industry leading SAAS compliance services.
You will lead a local team of talented support specialists who are skilled at problem identification and resolution as well as product education. You will work closely with other members of the support team located globally to ensure a consistent and fluid customer and employee experience. You will lead your team to consistently deliver expedient, effective and expertise driven solutions to all inquiries from our broad customer base.
- Lead and manage a team of Product Support professionals including scheduling, case reviews, training and mentoring
- Build strong cross functional relationships with other support locations
- Leverage analytics to coach and mentor agents on areas of focus and performance
- Apply a KPI metric driven approach to defining agent success and set goals according to plan
- Define Avalara career paths for agents both in and outside of Product Support
- Manage both internal and external escalations
- Ability to do the job of an agent (lead by example).
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- 7+ years in technical support leadership role (3 years in Leadership in SAAS based support)
- Advanced knowledge of process/workflow creation, curation and refinement at scale
- General understanding of the Agile development process
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex resourcing models in a dynamic environment
- Understanding of surveying techniques for C-Sat measurement
- Familiarity with NPS model and demonstrated success within that model
- Demonstrated knowledge of contact center specific applications for team management, measurement and customer engagement
- BA/BS or higher in a technical field
- 7+ years in Leadership in SAAS based support
- ITIL or equivalent certification (Intermediate or above)
- Extensive vendor management experience
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.