Regional Sales Manager - European Language
Want to kick off an exciting career with a fast growing cloud technology business in a complicated, exciting & high growth area of regulatory compliance? We are looking for a Regional Sales Manager to join our EMEA sales team to make an outstanding contribution to the growth of our regional sales capability. Operating as part of a team, our Regional Sales Managers are responsible for selling Avalara’s global tax services and products primarily to prospects in the European region and working with our partners to leverage their industry relationships to promote our products and services.
What's In It For You
- In-house, sales and product knowledge training
- Coaching and skills training and career growth opportunities
- Casual, fun, multicultural work environment including Tiki Lounge, Roof terrace & summer BBQs
- Competitive Base Salary + Commission + Employee Benefits
What You’ll Do
- Execute campaigns and use networking opportunities and technologies to drive lead generation for new International Tax Automation opportunities.
- Use superior interpersonal, presentation and communication skills for sales calls, product presentations, seminars and face-to-face meetings as well as hosting demonstrations and partner webinars.
- Work above and beyond the norm to respond quickly to customer needs. Efficiently and effectively utilising the supporting functions (solution consulting, professional services, legal, support, engineering, product management etc.) to maximise prospect experience, manage and accelerate sales cycles.
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism and leadership by being diligent, thorough and making a positive impact during every sales engagement.
- Consistently achieve and exceed monthly booking goals through self-motivation, goal setting and solution driven approaches to problem solving.
- Be adaptable, focus on teamwork and maintain a strong sense of ethics in all endeavors
- Curious, ambitious and achievement oriented
- Persistent and positive by nature
- Strong desire to continue a career in technology, VAT or managed services sales
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative
- 5+ years’ experience in a new or existing business, quota-carrying sales role.
- Experience in B2B selling of managed services, SaaS software or VAT related services, preferably to tax, finance, IT or business owners at a senior level.
- Experience being held to and motivated by metrics
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Fluent in either German, Italian, French preferred.
- A deep and broad network of strong customer and partner relationships that can be leveraged, ideally including existing relationships with ERP (SAP, JDE, Oracle, Dynamics, etc.) or ecommerce / marketplace providers
- Specialized knowledge of the tax industry, including indirect tax calculation, determination, VAT compliance, finance business process (accounts payable/receivable) and a broad array of related services would be a distinct advantage.
- Formal sales training would be an advantage
- A second European language, spoken and written at business level is a benefit
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with sales and excise tax, VAT, and other transactional tax requirements by delivering comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use. Avalara’s end-to-end suite of solutions is designed to effectively manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities in the United States and internationally.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. The company processes millions of tax transactions for customers and free users every day, files hundreds of thousands of transactional tax returns per year, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.