Senior Technical Writer
Avalara needs a writer who's willing to go first. You’ve already learned your craft. Now, you're ready to figure out how to do that for a company that's growing fast and globally.
Tax is just the beginning - we’re on track to be part of every transaction in the world. We need a Senior Technical Writer to join our growing team and help us craft the best customer experience on the planet.
Create in-product and online content for our customers as part of the Avalara Customer Learning team. We publish our content to the product, to Avalara Help Center, Developer.Avalara.com and Avalara University.
- Develop and implement international content strategy and systems for consumer and developer audiences
- Independently manage documentation deliverables for Avalara’s global development center in Brighton
- Drive documentation planning with global engineering teams and content development partners
- Apply documentation design standards to produce high-quality documentation for various products and services
- Write or edit code samples to support documentation
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of 5 years as a technical writer in a relevant field
- Experience designing and delivering developer and consumer documentation using web technologies and platforms.
- Experience working directly with software development teams.
- Experience with cloud computing and web service infrastructures.
- A degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science or a related field
Be prepared to demonstrate the following skills in your portfolio or interviews:
- Excellent writing, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent understanding of the content lifecycle, inclusive of editorial, art/design, and localization
- Ability to write and publish content under deadline pressure
- Ability to develop strategies to succeed in rapidly changing environments
- Experience working with remote teams is a definite plus
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes comply with sales and other transactional tax requirements. If you’ve bought something that was taxed online, you’ve probably already worked with us. We deliver automated cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use. Avalara’s end-to-end suite of solutions manages complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities in the United States and internationally.
Avalara processes millions of tax transactions for customers and free users every day, files hundreds of thousands of transactional tax returns per year, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance-related documents.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and innovative environment. Avalara does not discriminate against any employee or candidate based on age, ancestry, race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.