Sr. Learning Specialist
We’re building a team of instructional pros to create a world-class customer learning program in a high-growth tech environment. Avalara University hosts self-directed and managed education experiences to help customers onboard and master Avalara services. As a learning specialist at Avalara, you’ll help us get there by teaching customers as they onboard and continue to grow. You’ll deliver training, host special guests as trainers, and contribute product expertise to learning designers to inform all classes in the Avalara University catalog.
About the Job
Help bring our organization to the next level. Work on a high-impact, high-visibility team and project. Orchestrate meaningful learning experiences to create value for customers.
- Be the standard for excellence in live customer education at Avalara
- Deliver live-learning as part of a blended catalog so learners have information and experiences, when and where needed
- Collaborate with experience designers to develop program assets
- Represent and evangelize Avalara University and its live learning opportunities to Avalarians, customers, and partners
- Manage logistics to support events, audit trainings, and feed improvement plans back to the design team
- Build a foundation that scales with Avalara
You’re an experienced and passionate customer educator. You’re an excellent listener and communicator, driven to help customers make the most of their solutions. You’re a systems-thinker, building for now while considering what comes next. You’re authentic and transparent - and a natural collaborator, willing to work through challenges to find the best solution. You’re humble, despite all that.
Be prepared to share examples demonstrating these qualifications during the interview process.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer learning experiences
- Comprehensive organizational skills; experience managing a calendar of events and event logistics
- Comprehensive oral presentation and written communication skills
- Strong organizational agility and ability to interact across all levels of the organization; expertise collaborating across groups in a matrixed environment
- Extensive ability to query, compile, enter, track and maintain data and records management systems
- In-depth knowledge of agile project management standards and practices
- Comprehensive computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, virtual training delivery platforms, and various learning design and development software
- Experience delivering client education for a public accounting organization or on a professional services team
- Experience coaching Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as trainers
- Experience supporting scaling initiatives in an enterprise environment
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.