Tax Research Analyst – Live Reporting
*Please Note* - To be considered for this position, you must be open to relocating to the Pune area.
The Tax Research Analyst will research and monitor Real-time reporting updates and requirements across the EU and other countries globally. Understanding of EU VAT law and a foreign language will be preferred. The Analyst should be able to analyze and interpret Real-time reporting technical requirements and help implement the update in the system in collaboration with Engineering and Product Management.
Candidate should have a good understanding of XML structures to interpret the technical guidelines published by the tax authorities to develop the real-time reporting tool.
The Analyst will work closely with other members of the local Pune team, as well as with U.S. & U.K team members.
Although not required daily, the candidate must be flexible to overlap work timings with US/UK timings, as needed.
- Research, monitor, translate & interpret the technical and reporting guidelines for real-time reporting
- Keep track of existing and new real-time updates for EU and other countries globally
- Contact assigned countries to source the Real-time reporting related information
- Document research findings in a given format
- Carry out web and subscription service research to and be active with all the latest tax news covering changes
- Meet monthly deadlines to incorporate research results into Avalara tools
- Effectively work and communicate with team members to accomplish specific tasks in a timely, efficient and productive manner
- Perform self and team quality review
- Participate in committee activities and provide input where applicable
- Open to accept additional responsibilities assigned to meet deadlines
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Must be flexible to overlap work schedule with US timing, as needed for collaborative meetings or training (5-hour time difference vs. US EST)
- Solid organization and self-pacing skills
Our ideal candidate will have:
- B.Tech/ LLB, MBA
- Expertise in XML structures
- Expertise in an EU foreign language will be preferred
- Ability to follow a process consistently while identifying and communicating efficiencies
- Excellent logical and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.