What makes PR at Avalara so interesting is that our work sits at the intersection of global trends – the crashing together of government policy and advanced technology. We have a pulse of global economics in our data and the ability to tell interesting stories about trends to help small and big businesses, alike.
- Identify, read, and engage with important media outlets to understand what the media is looking for and how Avalara can add value with data, stories, or trends.
- Manage Avalara’s contributed content program – working with leaders across the business to build an editorial calendar of interesting topics, and pitch/ secure interest in those topics with media. Manage the creation, editing, and approvals for articles to secure published coverage.
- Manage internal tools that elevate coverage to internal teams – Slack, email, website, and field alerts – so that
usefulpieces of news media are in the hands of our teams in a timely manner and useful format.
- Work with customer marketing to establish the process and cadence for extracting and developing stories on our customers and members for use in PR and marketing programs.
- Prepare PR materials such as press releases, executive briefing materials, backgrounders for
press, and more.
- Partner with the marketing events team to oversee
budgetfor securing speaker placement and measuring ROI on participation.
- Manage media coverage and trends and prepares results summaries for regular reviews/reports.
- Manage the Avalara awards program, keeping track of annual awards, deadlines, and submissions.
yearsexperience in PR or communications
- Agency experience working for B2C and B2B high tech clients is a plus
- Previous experience pitching to print, broadcast and digital media
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and a strong writer
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.