Data Engineer, BI and Analytics
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is a leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
Job Summary: The Data Engineer within the BI and Analytics team will be a major contributor and architect of Avalara's cloud based centralized reporting platform. Hence strong experience in large scale reporting platforms, MPP cloud data technologies, advanced ETL/ELT and data streaming tools and deep understanding of long term benefits and pitfalls of various data structures (NOSQL vs SQL) is an absolute must.
- Build a long term 'data analytics stack' for Avalara. Work with the product managers, DBA teams and broader engineering teams build scalable data orchestration, transformation and reporting streams that can capture and prepare billions of transactions per day for customer reporting.
- Migration from SSRS : We need strong SSRS or similar OLAP cube reporting knowledge. This person will help us migrate our SSRS based cubes to a cloud reporting & analytics stack.
- Practice/Implement data security, encryption and masking policies across various data sets and data sources.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Work with business and engineering teams to identify scope, constraints, dependencies, and risks.
- Identify risks and opportunities across the business and drive solutions.
* 4+ years combined in data engineer, business intelligence and in-app embedded analytics.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
* Knowledge of MS SSRS platform a stong plus.
* Proven ability to combine business acumen, technical acumen and process expertise to define client (internal/external) engagement and program execution
* Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
* Excellent problem-solving skills