Engineering Manager - Salesforce
Job Overview: The ideal candidate must enjoy being challenged, learning-by-doing, and have excellent communication and people skills. The candidate will also thrive in managing motivated and passionate engineers, have strong leadership skills, and excel in being accountable for delivery. Ideally, the candidate will attract engineers who also share our values and lean towards taking action and assuming responsibility alongside an Agile team that operates in short aggressive release cycles. This manager will report to the Sr. Engineering Manager/ Director of Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, coach and lead engineers; develops engineering action plans to guide timely and cost-effective development of projects.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in overall Salesforce projects by prioritizing, planning and tracking development progress.
Trainingsand ensure their Technical Competency with respect to the Project needs.
- Implement and follow agile/scrum processes.
- Design and code new features and functionalities. Participating in architecture discussions.
- Perform code reviews and ensure coding standards and practices.
- Work with Customers, QA and other stakeholders to understand requirements and come up with
- Spearhead various Research and Development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes.
- Vocally advocating for technical excellence and helping the teams make good decisions
- Maintaining and fostering our culture by interviewing and hiring only the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience Building
- Salesforce Certified Developer
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Salesforce.com (SFDC)
Development ,architect, configuration, customization and integration
- Be an active member in gathering requirements and UAT along with Product team.
- Investigate existing Salesforce build to identify any additional external data requirements to fulfil the introduction of new data elements and associated processing.
- Develops Salesforce APEX Code, VF, lightning and other customization in SFDC
- Helps with integration data mapping
- Creates functional transformations for inbound and outbound data flows
- Perform Unit testing and Support other test cycles Desired Candidate Profile
- Excellent understanding in
implementationusing Apex code, Visual force, lightning components
- Experience in SFDC Bulk & SOAP APIs, data migration and integration security
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with interest to broaden the SFDC knowledge
- Minimum 2 years’ experience into Leading and Managing technical teams.
- Experience in managing complex projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic, dependencies, and domain
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and project management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
Good to have:
- ScrumMaster experience
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) experience